So Who's the Most Promiscuous of All?
Chandra Wilson put it succinctly.
"Interns are just nasty, that's what they are," said the star of Grey's Anatomy. "Everybody is sleeping with everybody."
Furthermore, the Houston Chronicle reports, Wilson said recently on Live with Regis and Kelly she's under the impression "this is the way it is everywhere."
Wilson can afford to say that -- she plays a doctor, not an intern. But she probably overstated it when she lumped all interns into the same bed
On the other hand, it does seem that "everybody is sleeping with everybody" on prime-time TV, and that includes interns, lawyers, housewives and others. All this promiscuity may make it difficult for these characters to focus on their jobs, but it sure is entertaining for viewers.
Behold, the Chronicle's Top 10 TV Tramps:
1. Christian McNamara (Julian McMahon), Nip/Tuck
Miami plastic surgeon proudly performs operations at all hours. Nary an episode goes by without at least one glimpse of his bare butt.
2. Dr. Meredith Grey (Ellen Pompeo), Grey's Anatomy
She strung along Derek and Finn, though in fairness, she never slept with the latter. She did, however, sleep with George one time, along with assorted bar pick-ups. Maybe she's just confused. We love her anyway!
3. Denny Crane (William Shatner), Boston Legal
Yes, he's Denny Crane, but his M.O. is shagging in coat closets... with little blue pills if needed. He's also dating a midget.
4. Barney Stinson (Neil Patrick Harris), How I Met Your Mother
He's a professional lover extraordinare. Just ask him. It ain't bragging if it's true, right, Barney?
5. Kimber Henry (Kelly Carlson), Nip/Tuck
She had her way with Christian and is now having her say with Scientologists.
6. Gabrielle Solis (Eva Longoria), Desperate Housewives
She cultivated a taste for gardening tools, and from that bed flowered a husband's outrage. Divorce, here we come.
7. Charlie Harper (Charlie Sheen), Two and a Half Men
Ah, to be rich, young and single. So what if he has roommates, one of whom is a child. A playboy's life must go on.
8. Dr. Callie Torres (Sara Ramirez), Grey's Anatomy
A special favorite, fiery Callie knows what she wants and goes after it, sometimes on the rebound. What's so wrong with that? Plus, who is going to resist McSteamy (Eric Dane)? Come on now.
9. Daniel Meade (Eric Mabius), Ugly Betty
Daniel's one busy dude — and we're not talking about his fashion magazine.
10. Michael and Darlene (Jere Burns and Darlene Hunt), Help Me Help You
We'd shed a tear for these tortured souls if we weren't so busy laughing.