According to the March 10 issue of Billboard, here are how various Idols are doing on national airwaves:
- Daughtry: "It's Not Over" is down from No. 9 to No. 10 on the broadest Billboard chart, Hot 100 Airplay, but it retains the bullet that denotes it's still gaining airplay. It's up 5-3 on the Pop 100 Airplay chart (which takes out some of the harder R&B and rap titles). And he reigns at No. 1 for the second week on the Adult Top 40 chart.
- Carrie Underwood: Two songs moving up on the Hot 100 Airplay chart: the older "Before He Cheats," 47-40, regaining a bullet, and "Wasted," climbing 54-50.
- Ruben Studdard: He has two songs on the R&B/Hip-Hop Airplay chart:. The aging "Change Me" drops 22-27 after 30 weeks, a very solid hit; while the new "Make Ya Feel Beautiful" inches up 74-72 after three weeks on the 75-title chart.
- Jennifer Hudson: Her Dreamgirls showcase, a cover of Lakisha's "And I Am Telling You I Am Not Going," stays at No. 60 (with a bullet) on the Hot 100 Airplay chart;Â it's thriving on the Idol-friendly Adult R&B chart, moving 6-4.
- Katharine McPhee: Not on the Hot 100 Airplay chart yet with "Over It," but it does move 38-35 on the Pop 100 Airplay list and takes a nice jump in digital song sales (59-46).
- Taylor Hicks: If Taylor's album sales fate depends on his current single, "Just to Feel That Way," we can just about measure the coffin. The only place the song is showing up is a fairly feeble 26-26 (with a bullet) showing on the 30-position AC chart, which airplay is clearly not selling records and is unlikely to do so.
- Kellie Pickler: Second single "I Wonder" is off to a slowish start, 43-42 on the country chart in its fourth week. But "Red High Heels" had a similar start and ended up hitting the top 20.
- Bucky Covington: "A Different World" is striving to beak into the top 30, inching up 35-34 after seven weeks.
- Kimberley Locke: "Change" is doing pretty well on the AC chart, moving 18-19 with a bullet.
- Josh Gracin: The first Country Idol moves 28-28, with a bullet, with the self-prophetic "I Keep Coming Back."