It premieres tomorrow night - but what, exactly, is On the Lot? For starters, it's produced by Steven Spielberg. Maybe you've heard of him.
Here's how the show will work:
- With the help of celebrity judges, auditions are held to find a group of promising filmmakers.
- The top 50 finalists move on to the semifinals, where they endure a "Hollywood Boot Camp."
- After the boot camp round, 18 finalists are chosen.
- The finalists must produce weekly short films in assigned genres from romance to horror.
- The filmmakers are given the opportunity to work with professional writers, cast, and crew.
- The films are shown on a Film Premiere episode and viewers are given the opportunity to vote for their favorite film.
- The director whose film receives the least number of votes is eliminated.
Sounds promising. As promising as a Laguna Beach-type show set in Nashville? That's hard to say. But we'll be recapping it every week and will let you know.
Want more Reality TV?
Sign up for our daily newsletter and receive the latest tv news delivered to your inbox for free!