On the Case of On the Lot
It premieres tomorrow night - but what, exactly, is On the Lot? For starters, it's produced by Steven Spielberg. Maybe you've heard of him.
In a reality TV nutshell, aspiring filmmakers show off their talent as they compete to win a development deal with Dreamworks.
Here's how the show will work:
- With the help of celebrity judges, auditions are held to find a group of promising filmmakers.
- The top 50 finalists move on to the semifinals, where they endure a "Hollywood Boot Camp."
- After the boot camp round, 18 finalists are chosen.
- The finalists must produce weekly short films in assigned genres from romance to horror.
- The filmmakers are given the opportunity to work with professional writers, cast, and crew.
- The films are shown on a Film Premiere episode and viewers are given the opportunity to vote for their favorite film.
- The director whose film receives the least number of votes is eliminated.
Sounds promising. As promising as a Laguna Beach-type show set in Nashville? That's hard to say. But we'll be recapping it every week and will let you know.