Here are a few fun acts about the Days of Our Lives actress:
- She's involved in the American Diabetes Association and several animal charities.
- She moved to California after winning a $600 jackpot during a game of bingo at a casino.
- Only starred in one high school play because she wanted to focus on dancing instead.
- Thought about going to school to become an interior designer.
- She and sister Jessica were huge Days of Our Lives fans in high school. Carrie and Austin were Melvin's favorite characters.
Melvin gets along very well with her co-stars, once saying to Soap Opera Digest about Darin Brooks:
“He tries to be funny, and he’s not. I try to sound smart, and I’m not. And we pretty much make sure that both of us are aware of that. You’re not funny, and I’m not smart.”
Want more Soap Operas?
Sign up for our daily newsletter and receive the latest tv news delivered to your inbox for free!