Here are a few fun acts about the Days of Our Lives actress:
- She's involved in the American Diabetes Association and several animal charities.
- She moved to California after winning a $600 jackpot during a game of bingo at a casino.
- Only starred in one high school play because she wanted to focus on dancing instead.
- Thought about going to school to become an interior designer.
- She and sister Jessica were huge Days of Our Lives fans in high school. Carrie and Austin were Melvin's favorite characters.
Melvin gets along very well with her co-stars, once saying to Soap Opera Digest about Darin Brooks:
“He tries to be funny, and he’s not. I try to sound smart, and I’m not. And we pretty much make sure that both of us are aware of that. You’re not funny, and I’m not smart.”