The status of soap operas and, specifically, their writers during the strike are featured in a New York Daily News article.
Read the in-depth feature now, but we've summarized the states of a few daytime dramas below:
- Longtime Genergal Hospital writer Garin Wolf has gone "FiCore" (Financial Core, which allows WGA union members to return to work without censure) and is now the only name credited.
- James Harmon Brown and Barbara Esensten have also gone FiCore and are co-head writers of All My Children.
- One Life to Live brought in its former executive producer, Gary Tomlin, as head writer; he previously wrote for Another World.
- Days of Our Lives is using former One Life to Live head writer Dena Higley.
- The Bold and the Beautiful is being written by former The Young and the Restless head writer Kay Alden.
- Guiding Light was the most ahead when the strike hit; the current staff is unconfirmed.