Rina Mimoun, the show's executive producer, has no problem begging people to watch Privileged tonight (new episode, All About Appearances!) and quite frankly, nor do we. This show is one of the freshest, most fun shows on television, so why are we the only ones watching it? Rina recounts how it all started on her celebrity blog on TV Guide:
"Around this time last year, I was writing a script for Pushing Daisies that involved windmills and a one-winged pigeon, when the book "How To Teach Filthy Rich Girls" showed up on my desk. A perfect excuse to procrastinate, I read the book in one sitting. Two things immediately struck me."
- She missed writing about teenagers. I mean the woman did spend ten years on the WB. Privileged has plenty of teenage romance with the Baker twins.
- Girl Power! As the executive producer of Everwood, Mimoun spent most of her time writing about a father son relationship. Now she gets a strong female lead like Megan to tell the story of.
Mimoun goes on to tell us they just finished filming their ninth episode. We need to get people to start watching the show if we want the next nine. And with some of the stuff Rina tells is will happen in those extra nine? Wow! Start watching people. Minor spoiler alert:
- We learn Sage's dark secret
- Meet Marco's boyfriend
- Watch Rose self destruct
- More Megan Boy Troubles (duh!)
- Megan discovers Charlie's in love with her and learns something he did for her five years ago
So please please. This is from both Rina Mimoun and the Fanatic. Get all your friends to watch Privileged!
Eric Hochberger is the programmer of TV Fanatic, so please forgive his mediocre writing. His programming is far better. Follow him on Twitter and/or email him. Just don't request threaded comments. They're coming.Tags: Privileged, Spoilers