As How I Met Your Mother's Neil Patrick Harris says on the cover of the latest issue of TV Guide, it's been "One Mother of a Year."
How did that translate to the magazine's famous Cheers & Jeers section? Let's find out what the publication lauded, and what it lamented, in 2008...
- Simon Baker for The Mentalist.
- True Blood for putting some bite back into HBO’s anemic line up.
- Amy Ryan for showing her flair for both drama and comedy.
- To the Presidential campaign for winning over the TV electorate.
- Gossip Girl for dodging the sophomore slump.
- Season 5 of Project Runway.
- Heroes for flipping characters round from hero to villain and back again.
- Grey’s Anatomy’s ghostly love story.
- To E!s reality shows with Pamela Anderson, Denise Richards and Dina Lohan.