Presenting: The Fall 2008 DVR Hall of Fame
C'mon, you know you do it. It's sitting there in the queue, but you just can't bring yourself to sit down and peep it. What shows do you DVR but never watch? TV Guide polled viewers and came up with this DVR Hall of Fame (with reader comments) ...
- Heroes: "Make up your mind, Tim Kring. You can't keep apologizing and hoping the audience is going to swallow every character and story shift. Not every episode can be top quality, but it should be trying to get there and that is lacking."
- Prison Break: "Because of the sheer number of shows I record weekly, nothing stays on my DVR for more than a couple of weeks' time before it gets deleted, but the one show I can't seem to bring myself to watch despite myself is Prison Break. I DVR it, and say I'll watch this week, but when the time comes, I end up deleting it."
- Life: "All the critics love it. I have tried five episodes and my season pass is still going, but I cannot bring myself to watch the others. I am just not getting it."
- House: "I DVR it, but I haven't watched an episode from start to end since Jennifer Morrison's screen time was cut down to cameo scenes."
- CSI: Miami: "CSI: Miami stays on my DVR because I get so mad when I watch it. It seems to get worse every season."
- Life on Mars: "I have no idea whether or not I'll like it, so it gets bypassed in favor of shows I like... I don't know if I'll end up watching it or deleting it unseen."
- Fringe: "I had two months' worth and it just kept looking at me. I finally deleted it."
- Numb3rs: "Numb3rs is one that sits on my DVR. I do actually watch it occasionally, because I am a masochist and every few weeks I convince myself that a show with that many good actors can't be all that bad. And then I watch half an episode and remember just how incredibly craptastic it is."
- 90210: "90210 is serially overlooked. I actually finally just took it off the DVR list this morning though."
- Pushing Daisies: "I tried to watch it last season, but I couldn't get into it. The critics were all just raving about it though, so I DVR'd it. And it just sits there, looking reproachfully at me every time I go to watch anything."