As much as we were looking forward to a Thanksgiving episode of Modern Family, we ended up being just like Luke: very happy for a big birthday bash for the guy.
The episode started off with a seemingly cheesy use in medias res (yeah, we looked it up) to tell the story of Luke's birthday, but like everything else Modern Family, you have to trust in these writers.
The device was actually perfectly chosen because it left you in guessing which of the multiple, horrendously unsafe objects would cause Luke's injury. Then, of course, it had to ironically be the safest, Claire's arts and crafts table. Brilliantly done.
Overall, "Fizbo" was an amazing episode with Cameron's title clown leading the laughs. Really though, the entire Modern Family cast is so amazing that every single character was utilized and funny. An impressive feat with an ensemble cast of this size.
Just some quick observations from the episode:
- Although predictable, how much were you cheering Manny on when he hoped on that zipline?
- Is it just us or was Jungle Tanya (Margo Harshman) really hot? Good luck keeping your man safe, Haley.
- Speaking of Haley, we were really happy to see our previously least-favorite character stepping it up this episode.
- We used to think of Phil as a moron, but now loving this sarcastic, witty side to him.
- Just like Mitchell and Claire, we're so glad they married the extroverts that lead to these wild adventures.
Overall it was a great episode of Modern Family as usual, and you can catch up with our favorite quotes from the episode after the jump.
Phil: Luke's not much of a clown fan.
Cameron: Has he ever seen a good one?
Phil: Has anyone? | permalink
Cameron: If I wasn't in school or fishing, I was clowning. There are four types of clowns: a tramp, Auguste, a whiteface, and a character. I am a classically trained Auguste clown named Fizbo.
Mitchell: Between the clowning and the fishing, I'm surprised you had time for the schooling. Aww, there's the fifth type, the sad clown.
Cameron: A sad clown is a tramp.. so there's still only four types. | permalink
Phil: Sorry I fell asleep while you were describing the most boring party ever. | permalink
Cameron: You know people are going to stare, they're not used to seeing one clown in a car. | permalink
Phil: You have nothing to fear, but fear itself... and the concrete. | permalink