In this week's Family Guy, Peter assumed control of Pewterschmidt Industries when Carter suffered from a heart attack-induced coma... caused by a belated bachelor party that Peter threw for him.
"Business Guy" certainly had its share of laughs, but our biggest issue was with a major plothole in the story line. Why would Carter not have resumed power at the company once he recovered from the coma?
Would his lawyer have been that terrible to have written a will that gave up power when he was in a coma permanently? For a multi-billionaire, I'd think he could hire better people. Anyways, plot has never really been Family Guy's strong point.
Overall, the episode was decent with only a few cutaways that failed. Some of our favorite jokes from the episode...
- Dr. House's appearance actually worked and we loved hm throwing the book of rules out the window.
- By the same token, it was fun to see our favorite sitcom, The Big Bang Theory being made fun of.
- We're pretty sure they've used the Scooby Doo bit before, but we loved it just the same.
- Loved the meta joke about Lacey Chabert being fired as the voice of Meg.
- Oh and the Billy Joel line, "Heart attack, ack, ack,. You oughtta know by now." Amazing.
Now for our favorite Family Guy quotes from the episode:
Peter: It sure was nice for you to invite us out on your yacht, mr Pewterschmidt.
Carter: It's not a boat, it's a yacht. Oh sorry, I thought you said boat. | permalink
Lois: Is my father going to be okay, Dr. House?
Dr. House: He's in a coma, Mrs. Griffin. Listening to the sound of your voice, I'd say he's the lucky one. | permalink
Peter: Keep it up Lois and I might fire you.
Lois: You wouldn't.
Peter: Does the name, Lacey Chabert mean anything to you?
Lois: Okay, I'll behave.
Peter: Yes, you will. | permalink