American Idol Review: Lee and Big Mike Stand Out
Lee DeWyze really stepped up last week on American Idol, breaking the inconsistency that has long plagued him and establishing himself as a guy who may last a long while.
Tuesday night, he followed up that performance and then some.
DeWyze turned the Cornelius Brothers' "Treat Her Like a Lady" into a contemporary rock tune that people loved. As for the weekly favorite, Crystal Bowersox, she traded in her familiar guitar for a piano on "Midnight Train to Georgia," faring pretty well.
Andrew Garcia did an acoustic rendition of Chris Brown's "Forever," while Michael Lynche was typically solid performing India.Arie's "Ready for Love" and Siobhan Magnus was a bit of a disappointment channeling Chaka Khan after a pair of strong weeks.
Lee DeWyze brings it again on American Idol.
The rest of the Top 10 performances weren't exactly up to par, but we've come to expect that by this stage. There's a clear dropoff between the contenders and the pretenders.
TV Fanatic's rankings from last night, in order of best to worst...
The night's best:
- Michael Lynche, "Ready for Love"
- Lee DeWyze, "Treat Her Like a Lady"
- Crystal Bowersox, "Midnight Train to Georgia"
- Andrew Garcia, Forever
- Casey James, "Hold On, I'm Coming"
Not the night's best:
- Siobhan Magnus, "Through the Fire"
- Aaron Kelly, "Ain't No Sunshine"
- Katie Stevens, "Chain of Fools"
- Tim Urban, "Sweet Love"
- Didi Benami, "What Becomes of the Broken Hearted"