Jason Mesnick and Molly Malaney from the previous season of The Bachelor got married on a two-hour special episode of the reality show on ABC Monday evening.
This event was notable for several reasons:
- The wedding actually took place February 27.
- It poured relentlessly that day in Southern California.
- They became the first couple in the 13-season history of The Bachelor to actually tie the knot (Trista Rehn wed Ryan Sutter following The Bachelorette).
- Still, no Bachelor star has married his final rose recipient (Jason actually chose Melissa Rycroft on the show, only to turn around and dump her for Molly).
- No way Jake Pavelka is becoming the first, either. We're just surprised he wasn't among the 100 Bachelor alumni on hand to watch this intimate ceremony.
The Bachelor winner Molly Malaney is now Mrs. Jason Mesnick.
While it was primarily filler, and packed with useless stuff no one cares about (well, besides the 9-10 million viewers who do) the Jason-Molly wedding was quite romantic.
Molly's dress was gorgeous, and the pouring rain they got married in added a unique feel that might have been lacking on a regular, clearer day. An ironic twist, if you will.
The Bachelor is all about ratings and not a real dating show (if such a thing even exists). It's as contrived as you can find on TV, and it's stunning anyone takes it seriously.
But Jason and Molly genuinely connected in spite of that fact, which you could tell on the season he starred on and was also apparent last night, watching their wedding.
You can mock the show (and we will, relentlessly), but there's never been much to dislike about Jason, and Molly seems as real as a girl who goes on The Bachelor can be.
These two seem so happy together, and it's hard not to be happy for them, even if you have to roll your eyes at Chris Harrison's vast array of over-dramatic platitudes.
Weathering the storm? Seriously man?
Want more The Bachelor?
Sign up for our daily newsletter and receive the latest tv news delivered to your inbox for free!