It's time once again for the Gossip Girl +/- index from New York Magazine, an entertaining perspective on the show we love from New Yorkers and Gossip Girl 'shipers.
Some highlights from their take on "The Sixteen Year Old Virgin" ...
- They used actual pics of Taylor Momsen for the Jenny photos in the Brooklyn apartment. In them, she looks normal, innocent, even happy. Plus 2, because we imagine Jenny's downward trajectory is perfectly matched with her real-life counterpart.
- Okay, Nate and Serena are definitely not "sex all the way under the covers so that not even your head is sticking out" people. They are more like "gross sex on shared surfaces where your roommates also prepare food" people. Minus 10.
- Chuck and Blair sat for a posed portrait together? It'd be more real if it was a painting, but that's probably still in the commission phase, so Plus 2.
- What, again, is Serena doing with her life? Just hanging around Nate's place? And repeatedly and ill-advisedly endeavoring to use her brain? Plus 2.
- Elizabeth does not look like a lady who plays squash. Minus 4.
- Even for TV, Damien is wearing a ton of makeup. Plus 1.
- Serena's dress at the Historical Society only has pretend cleavage? Come on. Minus 4.
- Serena's maroon dress is almost (almost!) safe and demure. And yet her boobs literally ripped it open to make it outright dangerous-looking. Plus 2.
- Not to give Damien too much credit here, because his whole plot line was leading up to this, but he did sort of really seem to like Jenny for a while. He's a player, sure, but he wouldn't have just bolted like that. Minus 6.
- Jenny: "I'm a virgin. I just wanted you to know, in case … I just wanted you to know." This made us cringe so, so hard. Partially because it was so real, and partially because we definitely had no such sweet, nervous hesitations in our own lives. Plus 4.