Undercovers isn't just coming to NBC in the fall.
It's debuting on the network as one of TV's most anticipated shows, and for good reason: it's the first small screen project from J.J. Abrams since Fringe.
We've already given readers a sneak peek at the pilot episode of this spy dramedy, but now we can reveal a few more teases and spoilers. How come? It's premiere script has actually been leaked online, revealing the following tidbits...
- We first meet main characters Samantha and Steven Bloom as they prepare for a wedding. These retired spies are married and own a floundering catering business. She's the chef, he's the business man.
- Samantha's slacker sister, Lizzy (Jessica Parker Kennedy), also works for the company.
- We meet Gerald McRaney's Carlton Shaw. A cynical CIA agent, he's worked for the agency for over 30 years and is described in the script as a guy who "could gut you faster than you could soft-boil an egg." At the conclusion of the pilot, he asks Samantha and Steven to join the spy business again.
- The ongoing storyline involves Operation Black Swan. It's explained as: "An ongoing mission to find and capture Alexander Slotsky," a weapons dealer on the blackmarket.
- The Blooms own a dog named Waldorf.
So... there you have it. Do these nuggets make it more or less likely you'll give Undercovers a chance?