Dancing with the Stars Recap: A Trio of 23s...
A Karate Kid and an NFL All-Pro sit atop the Dancing with the Stars leaderboard after two weeks of Foxtrotting, Quickstepping and Jiving.
While Ralph Macchio couldn't repeat his impressive opening night performance, his 21-point effort on the Jive last night, tallied with his score from a week ago, leave him with 45 total. Good enough for first place.
But Hines Ward is right behind the actor. He taught partner Kym Johnson some slang as they practiced the Quickstep, and then proceeded to put on a tight performance that earned him 23 points. Watch it now:
Overall, the contestants' scores from the last two weeks will be added together. Combine those with the viewers' votes and the first pairing will be sent home tonight.
A look at the leadboard through two performances:
- Ralph Macchio and Karina Smirnoff - Last night: 21. Season to date: 45
- Hines Ward and Kym Johnson - Last night: 23. Season to date: 44.
- Chris Jericho and Cheryl Burke - Last night: 23. Season to date: 42.
- Romeo and Chelsie Hightower - Last night: 23. Season to date: 42.
- Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Last night: 20. Season to date: 43.
- Kendra Wilkinson and Louis van Amstel - Last night: 19. Season to date: 37.
- Petra Nemcova and Dmitry Chaplin - Last night: 18. Season to date: 36.
- Chelsea Kane and Mark Ballas - Last night: 18. Season to date: 39.
- Sugar Ray Leonard and Anna Trebunskaya - Last night: 17. Season to date: 34.
- Wendy Williams and Tony Dovolani - Last night: 17. Season to date: 31.
- Mike Catherwood and Lacey Schwimmer - Last night: 17. Season to date: 30.