On March 31, prepare for the mother of all tributes to the music of Grey's Anatomy.
Featuring songs made famous by the ABC medical drama and performed by the cast members themselves (with Tony winner Sara Ramirez leading the charge), the much-anticipated musical episode should be quite the spectacle.
Check out a first look of Ramirez and the rest of the cast in the recording studio:
Are you excited for, indifferent about or dreading this event? We're sort of surprised they're doing it, but we'll try not to pass judgment before even seeing it.
Follow the jump for the rumored track list (eight of the 10 songs, anyway), along with who will be doing the honors. It's definitely a Grey's Greatest Hits ...
- Lexie, portrayed by Chyler Leigh, will be singing "Breathe (2 AM)," originally sung by Anna Nalick from episode 2x17 "... (As We Know It)."
- "Chasing Cars," originally by Snow Patrol from the Season 2 finale "Losing My Religion," will be sung by Kevin McKidd, Sara Ramirez, and Chandra Wilson.
- "Grace," originally by Kate Havnevik and also from the second season finale, will be sung by Sara Ramirez and the rest of the female cast.
- "How to Save a Life," originally by The Fray and used not only in a season two episode, but the show's ads, will also be in the episode.
- "Running on Sunshine," originally used in Season 3's "I Am a Tree," will be performed by most of the cast members.
- "How We Operate" by Gomez, from Season 2, will be sung by Kevin McKidd.
- Director Tony Phelan confirms that Brandi Carlile's "The Story" will be used.
- "Cosy in the Rocket," the original theme song, will be used in some capacity.
Any other tracks you'd like to see included? Comment below!
Want more Grey's Anatomy?
Sign up for our daily newsletter and receive the latest tv news delivered to your inbox for free!