“I can always depend on you to assist when needed. Sexually.” - Brennan
The burning question heading into the seventh season premiere of Bones (next Thursday, November 3 on Fox) is how the show will address Booth and Brennan's shifting relationship. And what a shift it is.
"The Change in the Game," May's season finale title, was the understatement of all time. After a six-season will-they-or-won't-they dance, B-squared is having a baby and we didn't even see a love scene.
Well, having seen next Thursday's premiere, I can tell you they are clearly sleeping together now. How much of that you'll experience visually and how much is implied? That you'll have to wait and see.
As the saying goes, wherever you go, there you are. No matter how you feel about the way they got there, this is where our heroes are now. The new normal is upon us, Bones fans. Let's embrace it.
"The Memories in the Shallow Grave" is the first of six fall episodes in which Booth and pregnant Brennan prepare to raise their child. If the premiere is any indication, this is going to be a fun ride.
For those worried that the last season finale marked Bones jumping the shark, this should assuage your fears. Without giving away too much, here are some Bones Season 7 premiere spoilers:
- Angela and Hodgins find hi-tech ways of balancing work and baby.
- The victim in the episode draws some clear parallels with Bones' life.
- Booth and Brennan kiss multiple times, and not just pecks on the cheek.
- They're doing great in their new setup, but it's not as if everything's gone smoothly or according to plan, either. Both parents-to-be reveal some heavy emotional baggage by the end of the hour.
- One of the best lines: Brennan responds to Booth complimenting her pregnant "glow" by saying it's merely "the manifestation of your virility." Typical Brennan, but not untrue. He is a virile guy.
- The photos Booth takes of his future son or daughter's mother in the first Season 7 promo will be countered by a photo she takes of him that is even more incriminating and embarrassing.
Excited for the new season? Share your predictions and comments below!