Dancing With the Stars Week Three: An Emotional Ride
We're beginning to sense a pattern here.
Dancing With the Stars kicked off its 13th season two weeks ago with J.R. Martinez and Chynna Phillips leading the way and Ricki Lake right behind them, forming a formidable top three.
Last night reinforced this and then some.
In a show dedicated to the most memorable year of the contestants' lives, J.R.'s was the emotional ride of the night. Wounded critically in Iraq, he's gone on to be a successful soap star.
The fact that he backed up this story with one of the night's top rumbas guaranteed him a tie for second, one point behind former Hairspray star Lake and Wilson Phillips member Chynna.
At the bottom, it looks like time is running out for Chaz Bono, whose positive attitude and enthusiasm may be trumped by his two left feet. But the voters have the final say, as we know.
The scores for the third night of DWTS performances were as follows:
- Ricki Lake & Derek Hough: 27
- J.R. Martinez & Karina Smirnoff: 26
- Chynna Phillips & Tony Dovolani: 26
- Hope Solo & Maksim Chmerkovskiy: 24
- Kristin Cavallari & Mark Ballas: 24
- David Arquette & Kym Johnson: 24
- Rob Kardashian & Cheryl Burke: 24
- Carson Kressley & Anna Trebunskaya: 23
- Nancy Grace & Tristan MacManus: 21
- Chaz Bono & Lacey Schwimmer: 18
Who was your favorite? Do you think anyone was treated unfairly by the judges? Who's your pick to make it all the way to the finals this season, and who do you predict will be going home tonight?
Follow the link for much more coverage of Dancing With the Stars!