Before we discuss the forward-moving episode, let’s give a quick shout out and congratulations to Nathan Fillion and the cast of Castle for their big wins at the People’s Choice Awards. Fillion won for Favorite TV Drama Actor and the show won for Favorite TV Crime Drama. Take that CSI!
After last week’s wedding pick-up artist episode, hopes were high that the show would rebound with one of its kooky and entertaining hours. Although it wasn’t the most intense outing we’ve encountered, it set the tone for the rest of the season and laid the stepping stones for important information.
- Alexis is bored and is looking for something else to do, possibly an internship.
- The Mayor is needed in office to keep Castle in place to prevent Beckett from snooping.
- There are people who control the city. Who are they?
- Gates is on the detectives’ sides.
- This was a welcome guest stint from Derek Webster aka Mayor Weldon. I wouldn’t mind having him pop in more often.
- There was absolutely no mention of Ryan’s wedding. He was just back at work, guess he didn’t take a honeymoon. No talk of how fun it was or anything. Kind of a let down considering we only saw a few minutes of it in the first place.
- Castle totally used Siri on his iPhone 4s. Pure awesomeness.
- Nathan Fillion got a shout out on the last episode of The Big Bang Theory. Both shows = total fun.