Grey's Anatomy > Grey's Anatomy Round Table: "Hope For the Hopeless" > Comments Page 2
Cristina and Owen are(should be)done - Kids/Abortion Deal-breaker. Let Cristina focus on work, while Owen (after the blow out over Henry) should be with Teddy - War Veterans, etc.
Callie & Arizona (OK); Mark belongs with Addison [there, I said it] - I like Holley Fain, but unless they make her permanent, Addison is the one - Lexie is to young. Mark has had more sex than Zeus and if Lexie is going to break up with Mark every time a new kid (or grand kid) shows up, then there is not point.
Meredith cannot [or rather, should not be allowed to] return to Neurology - Derek tried to start a groundbreaking Alzheimer's trial (in part to save his wife) and her 'grey' act screwed up his career. The fact that Richard took the fall is irrelevant. Meredith should be a General Surgeon.
1 Seeing mer attempting something to do with food for Zola's birthday, even if it was 'yag Zola'. But aren't MerDer a kind couple, they gave away Zola's birthday cake to Webber cos he didn't have a celebration for his 10,000th sugery.
2 I think mer would excel at whatever surgical specialty she chose. I just can't see Der relenting and letting Mer doing neuro again. Choosing to follow legendary mother's surgical career path not easy, lets hope we get to see Mer pass her 5th year boards!
4 It would make a change for a former couple on GA (MarLex) not to be reunited
5 MerDer,the reason I watch GA
6 Couples break up sometimes over one person wanting a baby, and the other not wanting one
1. Adele stole all the scene's she was in, from being bought to the hospital, to being scared Richard had left, to seeing Richard and Mer working together and confusing Mer with Ellis. Heartbreaking
2. Well looks like the choice is heading towards General Surgery, but i still think Derek is going to get sick of Lexie at some point ask his wife back to Neuro. (fingers crossed)
3. Maybe not fully retire, but i think he need's to be at home more caring for his wife and not relying on carer's.
4. Only seen Julia a few times and well she is easy to like, but too soon even for Mark.
5. Duh Mer/Der all the way.
6. Divorce coming at season's end, and i got a feeling Xtina will be the one to fail boards and end up leaving SGMW.
1- This episode was awesome. Favorite scene was when Mer was taking the food. Lol. Something I would do.
2-I think Mer should go back to neuro. Or general like her mom. Why not go into that. Maybe she will eventually be better than her mom.
3-Richard shouldn't retire. That's his hospital. Plus it would be weird without him there. He's always around no matter what.
4-Marks new girl. The L word?? Already?? Too soon. Plus honestly. I love Mark and Lexi! Lexi has become one of my favorites. And I love what Lexi and Mark had.
5-Mer/Der and George/Izzie. I miss them. Mark/Lexi.
6-I think Owen and Cristina can pull through this. They never really talked about it. So there going to have to sooner or later.
CONTD. I always feel like we've seen more of Mer's personal life than her professional life. She always brings in her personal life to her professional life and those times when they do attempt to be more case oriented for her, it has to somehow be reflective of her personal life, or correlate or tie into it somehow. I think the others have had better journeys in regards to that.And I think that Yang and Alex are the best of the residents.
I think in the end, Cristina and Owen will pull through. Shonda's mentioned numerous times that she doesn't want to "break them up for good" and Kevin McKidd's tweets hint towards an eventual reconciliation. Right now the fact that they both really love each other is what's taking them to therapy. Even know we've seen in both Grey's and PPP that sometimes love isn't enough, in C/O's case, I think it will be. Cristina is selfish, that's true but also Owen understands how much trust it took for Cristina to fall in love again and get married after her traumatic break-up with Burke. That blow up was pretty nasty, I can't believe we have to wait three weeks to see the after math.
@Tanner Your opinion and that's fine. I personally never seen where Mer was particularly fantastic in any field. I've always had problems with Meredith in the medical regard because it always appeared as though people were constantly comparing her to her mother but I didn't see where they got it from. I've seen her in the hallways and standing idly by during surgeries, but I can count on one hand the amount of times she was not only truly active and hands on the way that Yang and Alex were/are. Her time in the OR often appeared like another realm for her to flirt and joke around.I never felt like she was particularly good or even passionate about Neuro as she should of and half the time I wonder if she even wants to be a doctor. She has not had the interesting medical professional journey that her counterparts have had. IMO.
I can't believe no one has said anything about the scene where the Chief told Meredith that she was nothing like her mother. For me, that was the icing on top of the ENTIRE SERIES!
I don't think Cristina and Owen can bounce back from this. They tiptoed around the abortion and never talked about it and let everything build up. Owen will always resent her and she'll leave him because she won't be able to deal with him hating her everyday of their lives.
1)The chief and Adele's scence was so heart felt it was my favorite of the episode.
2)I think Mer is better at neuro but Bailey's speech has me looking in that direction a little more.
3)No the chief shouldn't retirer if something does happen to Adele he's going to need his job to keep him grounded also it's a medical show maybe it's not what we think and they'll find a cure for her. I don't want to lose Ms. Divine.
4)Too soon, let her hang around for awhile longer but she's not the one for him.
5)Alex/Izzie, & Christina/Burke were the perfect couple IMO they were good for each other they saw things the same in many ways. They made each other better
6)I don't see it but I don't thank they will break them up
To your comment about Mer not being great at anything but general. I think most of the audience would disagree. She was amazing at Neuro.
1. I felt for Owen and the Chief this episode. Seeing owen's face when he saw Christina with Zola just sucked. The scene withe Adele and the Chief was just pure heartbreaking!
2. I'm torn between Neuro and General. I understand her reservations about General but she is not her mom.
3. I see no good things for Adele in the future. I DO NOT this Richard should retire but take more time off.
4. Way too soon to say the L word, but Mark should give her a chance definitely.
5. MEREDITH/DEREK! others Mer/Cristina and Bailey/Ben
6. Not sure if they can work it out. Someone not wanting children when you do is kinda a deal breaker or it would be for me at least.
Cristina is and always has been selfish about EVERYTHING, even since S1. She cares about no one else but herself. Look how she treats her own mother? She is who she is. I'm not saying that's right or wrong. But in the real world workplace she's more likely to be eaten alive. The Erica Hahn treatment is the norm for people like her. I laugh at how people think she's so great and to be admired.
1. Adele and Webber. That was by far the best scene of the night! Loretta Devine was quite simply divine. Somewhere in second is the inevitable Yang/Owen fight.
2.I don't think she's particularly great in any specialty unlike her friends, but general.
3.I don't think he should retire at all.
4.Too soon. I support Mark being cautious.
5.Huh.Harder than I thought.I do like the pretty plastics posse.I honestly don't even know anymore.
6.I hope so, but probably not.The things that brought them together are simultaneously tearing them apart.They've been through so much but...Yang hasn't really been respecting him and Owen thought if he compromised enough she'd change. It's not looking good. Love 'em both but I'm really feeling for Owen the most. Team Owen.
I think April and Avery would really look cute together. Not really liking the possibility of April and Alex though.
How do you compromise on having a baby? Either you have it or you don't there is no middle ground. She did not want a child as a part of her life and although it was a difficult position and Owen's opinion should be heard, in the end a decision had to be made and that final choice should have rested with Christina. There is no easy resolution when this issue presents itself, and certainly none that makes both parties happy. I guarantee you that Christina (let's forget she is a fictional character for a second) wasn't thinking yay I got my way. Women should stop labeling each other selfish because their wants and actions don't line up with what is deemed acceptable by society.
4. Way too soon. She is giving Mark everything he wanted with Lexie. The committment, blended family with Calzona and Sophia but she's not Lexie that is why Mark is hesitating. I think he should give this new relationship a try just so when he and Lexie end up together it's that much better.
5. Plastic Posse (if they do a scene with these 2 shirtless they could take the top spot)
Chief and Bailey (They are a great example of a work couple they lean on each other and call each other on their BS)
6. Maybe in time but right now no. Owen sees Christina as the woman who killed his baby you don't just get over that. They were doomed from the start of this marriage they got married way too soon after the shooting. He wanted to fix her so bad they just jumped in w/o all the facts like Yang didn't want children and he did. Maybe they could end up together way down the line like series finale but this marriage looks like scroched earth right now.
I think Cristina and Owen should just end things because maybe they are just not meant to be. They want different things, just because you love someone doesn't always mean you always have a happy ending. Cristina really needs to go to real therapy if she wants to continue the marriage, while Owen was wrong at points, he was also right, Cristina just doesn't act like she is in a marriage.
1. Richard and Adele with My Funny Valentine. It was hauntingly sweet. That was Emmy caliber work in that scene. You could hear and see in Richard even after the long affair Adele is the true love if his life and his heart was breaking just listening to her. Second favorite scene was Christina and Owen at the end starting when he came into the party and Yang was playing with Zola. That fight was spectacular.
2. If Mer will not go back to Neuro to save her marriage and Yang basically said Cardio is out of the question General is the next best she does have the pediagree.
3. Nothing good is in the cards for Adele, I want her to get better and come work at the hospital as Owen's sassy assistent because Loretta Devine in front of a camera is magic but the direction this story is going Adele is heading for a nursing home or more tragically a grave. Either way I'll propably cry.
1) my favorite scene was the owen/christina fight at the end on the episode... while everybody was LISTENING!....
2)I dont know why but i also think that Mer would make a great General Surgeon, the speech that Bailey gave to Mer pushed me into this direction....
3) I think Adele will die by the season finale, and NO richard should NOT retire, but he should take a break to spend time with his wife.
4) definetively too soon.... and of course SLEXIE FOREVER
5)MerDer will probably be the most popular answer but actually George and Izzie are my favorite couple in GA, there is something about friendships turn into romance stories that i like
6)I also dont like Owen and Christina together, something about them feels off, Sandra and Kevin make it work because of their amazing acting skills and chemistry but i dont ship for owentina....
I have never been a fan of Owen and Christina being together. They are just so different! It was great that she helped him through ptsd and things like that but they just don't go together. I understand and feel for Owen, he wanted a baby and that decision should have been both of theirs but it wasn't. Christina wouldn't compromise at all. It's not fair that it is always take with her. She is just selfish and she has been the whole series. I love her character and the actress is flawless and amazing but she is selfish.
1. I have to agree, the Chief serenading Adele was great. It made me cry, it made me smile, and it reminded me how much depth these characters have. I appreciated seeing that vulnerability from him.
2. I'm also torn. I think Mer's passion is in neuro but for the sake of her marriage, she might have to turn the other way. She's shown promise in gen. surgery so that should be good too.
3. I don't see a happy ending for Adele either. The Chief doesn't need to retire but I'd like to see him focusing on her more than his work. 10k is enough. He can take a step back and prioritize.
4. Way too soon, for sure! I don't mind him growing up and maturing with this girl but in the end, he needs to be with Lexie.
5. Mer/Der, Mark/Lexie, Mark/Addison, and Teddy/Henry
6. I think it'll take them a really long time to bounce back. They need to take some time off from each and just breathe. They rushed into a marriage that I don't think either of them really understood so time apart would be good.
Somewhere between April stepping up and Richard proving how much he really loves Adele! April finally some development.
For the Joke of things she should've go to Cardio so she and Xtina had some funny scenes! But they who would've say Mer would be Richards follower! He will probably her mentor.
3.Adele and Richard!
I'm starting to like Richard this time around! he is really funny and interacts well with other characters. For adele it's almost a punishment for him to loose both his wives for Alzheimer!
Such a great character! And what they are grown ups! They are 3 months into it! They should got married already! And I don't want Lexie with Marc! Give her some develompment!
Christina and Berk! They just had that amazing chemistry! I remember all their funny scenes, especially when Xtina ex prof appeared!
6. Owen and Christina!
For them I didn't saw hope since Teddy appeared!I want TOwen and AleXtina to happen!
You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Login or Register.
Remember My Info