NBC Britta'd it.
So said Gillian Jacob last night at Community's Paleyfest12 panel, bringing the audience down with her comment about how the network messed up its scheduling of the funniest show on TV. How confident is the cast that a season four renewal is still possible?
“The people at NBC love the show,” said executive producer Russ Krasnoff, while creator Dan Harmon said similar ratings from 30 Rock in the same time also gave him hope.
“It’s really, really nice to go back to the time slot that now can be known as a hazardous environment,” he joked about Community's March 15 return.
Among other highlights from the panel:
- Jim Rash got a standing ovation and brought his Oscar out on stage.
- Alison Brie and Danny Pudi talked about an upcoming episode about which they were totally clueless during shooting. Harmon said it will focus on Abed and Annie spending time in their apartment's "Dreamatorium."
- Jacobs did the Me so hungy" dance from "Remedial Chaos Theory."
- There will be three animated Community Webisodes hitting Hulu and NBC.com on March 7, written by Dave Seger and Tom Kaufman.
- We'll see a lot from the pairings of Annie/Britta and Jeff/Shirley going forward.
- The first episode back involves a proposal from Andre to Shirley.