USA Upfront Report: WWE Raw to 3 Hours, Political Animals Sneak Peek
A stumbling Mechad Brooks at the Teleprompter. Dule Hill. John Cena. Sigourney Weaver as the Vice President of the United States.
It's safe to say the USA Network Upfront was a unique, enjoyable way to conclude a very busy week in New York City. A few highlights:
- A relaxed atmosphere all around to kick off the event, with drinks served and actors mingling with guests.
- No executives on stage during the presentation. Only talent, people!
- Starting on July 23, WWE Raw will move to three hours every Monday night.
- USA has added four comedies - Regulars, Benched, The Diccio Brothers and Start Up - to its development slate, while also picking up Paging Dr. Freed and Sirens.
- Bruce Campbell, in a white jacket, giving USA its proper due as the number-one basic cable network for six consecutive years.
- A taped segment from Modern Family co-creator Steve Levitan, hyping that sitcom's rerun arrival in 2013 to USA: “I think Modern Family will be a perfect fit with the USA’s lineup of original series," he said.
- The following first look at Sigourney Weaver and this summer's wildly anticipated Political Animals: