Glee > Glee Review: Hit Me Baby One More Time > Comments Page 3
I was never a fan of the first 3 seasons of Glee, but was gonna give it one more try in this season.
ohmygod! Are you crazy? Or did you just not think while watching this episode
Rachel choose a Britney song because she found out that New Directions were having antoher Britney week. DUHHHHH!! It reminded her of home.
I understand if you didnt take the time to think about this, but then dont review this show (or any for that matter)
I LOVED this episode. Glee got hot. Even the school scenes felt fresh; it was almost as if the school was simply a backdrop. Rachel pulled off 'Sexy Britney'. I have to say she scored bonus points for having a guy's hands around her throat and covering her below. Very cheeky. Whilst I do agree with the author, there was too much focus on Brittany, her storyline came together well. Considering Marley and Jake are both new to the series, I felt they owned those scenes together. It left me wanting to see more of their storyline develop. My only issue was seeing Jake paired with Kitty. It's Rachel/Quin/Finn all over again! As for Finn, I can't say I miss him. I think Rachel is more enjoyable to watch when she's not with Finn.
- Everytime was boring. It made no sense for Marley to sing it but I guess she's the new star and has to sing everything. Kurt could have sung this about missing home, his dad, his boyfriend and being scared about starting his new career. Rachel could have sung this (and Lea can handle an emotional ballad). Brittany could have sung this. Marley sounded nice, but again her voice is bland and has no emotion, so I can't really care. I don't care about her feelings for Jake and I don't see why I should.
Three songs for Marley in this episode and a new romance plot line while Tina sits and twiddles her thumbs. I'd rather focus on the choir room members who have already been there; they're the ones I care about. They should introduce these new characters more gently instead of demanding we care about them. Also, I missed Sugar.
- Oops I Did it Again was awkward. Rachel didn't dance, she just posed. I think Lea Michele can be very sexy, so I don't know if it's on purpose, but I didn't find the number to be at all sexy. Maybe it was the lack of chemistry with Brody. I also don't think Rachel sounded that great on this number, and I normally love her voice.
- Crazy/Drive Me Crazy was a snooze fest. The actors have no chemistry and I'm not invested in these new characters at all. What a waste of time.
- Gimme More was funny I guess and everyone (except Brittany) looked sexy, but it was also kind of uncomfortable and sad, especially since it was based on Britney's own performance in 2007.
- Hold It Against Me was okay, nothing special. I think the lighting took away from the dancing, which is the entire point of a Brittany solo.
- Boys/Boyfriend was silly and sexy. Blaine and Artie sound good together and the actors know how to be effortlessly sexy, no smoke and mirrors (or tables and flash lights) needed.
- Womanizer was a good performance but I didn't like the vocals because there was too much auto tune. I thought the lead up to the song wasn't good enough. They should have had it later in the episode and shown Jake hitting on glee club girls and them coming to realize he's a player and then singing the song.
- 3 sounded really good, but the lack of context makes it kind of forgettable. Brittany trying to shave her head drew the attention away.
- Marley and Jake's romance is boring. I don't care about these characters. They barely know each other, the actors have no chemistry, the characters are bland and cliche. It was ridiculous that Marley would sing Everytime about a boy she's known for 2 weeks and went on one sort-of date with.
I liked Brittany's story line but I did not like how they made fun of Britney Spears's real life problems and struggles. I did like that we finally got to see Brittana's relationship from Brittany's perspective. Though I'm certain they're setting up Sam and Brittany to date.
- I disliked that once again Sam was used as savior. First Marley, now Brittany, probably Blaine next. What, only the straight white guy has life figured out?
- Mr. Schuester is a terrible teacher, yelling at his students for lip synching when one of them is having an emotional breakdown. Not to mention the worse things they've done in the past like getting drunk for a school assembly and Brittany throwing up on Rac
Here are my thoughts:
- It was good to see the glee clubbers (Tina, Artie, Blaine) back in character. So glad I had to sit through them being tossed under the bus for Marley last week for no reason whatsoever, but I'm not going to complain.
- Rachel and Cassandra have far more chemistry than her and bland Brody, though I don't appreciate the obvious sexual vibe of their scenes when Brittana can only talk through a computer. Speaking of, I don't appreciate Brody being able to touch Rachel's crotch while Kurt and Blaine can't kiss.
- I'm tired of Kurt being Rachel's best gay. All he did this episode was give her advice about school and about love. He's turning into her Magical Queer and it's such a disappointment from what the character was in previous seasons. For instance, we know his vogue stuff will be about giving Rachel a sexy make over. I wish Kurt could have his own story lines and share moments like candlelit picnics in a new apartment with his boyfriend.
- Marley an
I miss finn so much. Im still not shipping Brochel. I'm team Finchel all the way. Do people really think Rachel has any real feelings for Brody- come on she was in a 3 yr off and on again relationship withe Finn. Throughout that time they've never stop loving each other. In fact their love continued to grow. I'm always gonna root for them but I want to see them grow individually and then work their way back to each other. I really hope it doesn't happen at the end of the season but then I remember the epic NY episode reunion. Still can't there be a way for Finn to be in NY at some point even if there aren't officially back together. Those would make for some great scenes.
I really loved that episode. It was cute. Moreover, Brochel is built up, step by step. That's just great.
I really don't care about McKinley, but Marley and Jake were sweet together
Why is Marley singing every end-of-the-episode song? Sure she's a good singer but the originals are being clouded by the new guys. I preferred it better when the last song was a group performance.
On a side note: when the Britney 2.0 episode was announced I thought Rachel would cover 'Everytime'
Disappointed. SEVERELY. This episode might have been even worse than the FIRST Britney Tribute episode for all the reasons you listed above. I personally am not a fan of HummelBerry, so that storyline is doing nothing for me, so I'm SUPER excited to see Kurt get his OWN storyline next week, but I can just watch that on Hulu without having to watch all the OTHER pointless stuff that's going on, so my motivation to watch Glee as a whole is growing thin. The premier episode was BETTER than this one, but not by much in my personal opinion.Due to watching Glee only for two things (Klaine and Kurt) I don't know how much longer I can hang on until they bring some of the old characters back (like Santana and Mercedes). =(
I would give this episode two stars at best...probably more like on and a half.
I am so glad Rachel erased that Finn griffiti in the end. Rachel is a must for the show but their relationship should really just be left in the past along with Finn.
Couldn't agree more. This episode lacked on so many levels and was super pointless. Nothing happened. I could've missed this episode and wouldn't have missed anything between all the main 3 plotlines of the episode.
I want Finn back. The worldwide Glee fandom wants Finn back. The critics want Finn back. Cory's acting is missed, his charm is missed. Done talking.
A lot went on in the episode but I enjoyed most of it. I really like Jake but we all know he is misunderstood and not so much a bad boy. I can see Jarley in the future. The brothers meeting was so short it would have been nice if their reunion was longer or something. The choir room does look empty some of the last year seniors should have been left behind. At this point I don't really care who Rachel dates.
I have thought Rachel was sexy from the start. Remember her walk down the halls after in Hairgraphy or dressed as Britney before. Or how about when she sang Bon Jovi? Please.
I love the NY stuff and from reading your past reviews you are being bias because of Finn IMO.
I love the New York sutff. Hummelberry was cuter than the drab choir room scenes. Remember when it was fun to watch the background character just having fun? And why not use a Brittany song to show her sexiness? It worked cause Cassie said she was ok that was better than before.
They need to stop pushing Marley so hard.
I do agree that most tribute episodes, including the previous Britney tribute sucked, but I actually think they did a pretty good job, as far as tributes go, with this episode.
I enjoyed Brittany's storyline the most. Her character HAS grown. Her confidence was shaken after she was held back and it's nice to see how she'll power her way through, with so many others who'd just give up.
The NYADA storyline wasn't my favorite part of the epi, but to answer your question, Rachel sang a Britney song because she felt nostalgic over Glee club, longed for her glory days. I can relate since I just started college as well.
I think they should've taken a little more time to develop Jake and Marley first before they through in this whole womanizer thing. This was the weakest part of the epi and I didn't enjoy it as much. I also agree, that the previous characters shouldn't just appear for a few seconds and then disappear just as quickly. While I know Santana will be featured a lot more la
its too much Marley??? i love rachel's Oops i did it again....
I remember that last year Ryan Murphy, every writer, every cast member kept saying that R. Murphy came up with a great idea for Season 4, and it was genius, innovative, so undone etc. Do I remember correctly or am I just confused? Granted that maybe they're going to come up with some clever ideas in the coming episodes but so far it seems like R. Murphy again misspoke.
The writers of this show are morons with no talent.
The "new Rachel" wants to date the "new puck", but who's already going out with the "new Quinn". Sound familiar anyone?
The Brit story line was terrible, like you said, nothings changed as a result of this episode.
Alex also has to be hands down the worst character and most unrealistic. No one could walk around dressed as a chick in high school and not be beat up daily for it.
However, I do kinda like the New York story, it's new and refreshing. Although some of the bad McKinley writing is slowly drifting over which is annoying.
This episode was by far in the top 5 glee episodes ever! They did an amazing job and I couldn't have even expected them to do such a remarkable job.... Two thumbs way up thank you Ryan Murphy for being a genius and continuing to make glee a continued freaking amazing show
Rel, there is something really offputting about you wanting the a female character to dump her girlfriend for a man. Then you wish a gay male character was straight so he could date a woman. Considering we don't get many same sex relationships on tv, it is a bit annoying when someone is hoping the same sex couples break up to be with the opposite sex.
This episode was so amazing. The little inputs they relate to the real Britney Spears were pin point spectacular. The new characters are a great addition to glee. Kitty is a little annoying though. The story line about Marley and her mother always makes me cry. Rachel painting over Finn's name made me really sad. Brody is hot, without a doubt, but i really hope rachel and Brody don't get together. Kurt is Finns brother! He should've said something about the Rachel and Brody deal. Gosh, I really hope Finn's entrance to the show will be surprising. keep going glee! :)
my friend who is a big fan of Britney Loooooves the choice selection of songs. good choices.
Personally I loved this episode so much! I think Brittany and Sam have some awesome chemistry developing. I always thought they'd be hot. But dude I wish Blaine was straight cause him and Brittany would be hot too. I like marley and I love that they are kind of re creating the Finn Quinn Rachel triangle except almost throwin an olive branch to the puck rachel fans and making this Finn more like puck. Almost like what would have happened if Rachel chose puck. I hate unique. Just too much of everything. Kitty is awesome. We just need a new Santana girl with tons of attitude. Brody is fucking hot... In my opinion it's kind of impossible to have forced chemistry when you look like that and oh my gosh I adore Cassandra July.Kate is brilliant in that role. I loved the crazy mash up it was so good. And Brittany's Britney spears throw back were amazing... Especially the gimme more performance! So excited for next week
You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Login or Register.
Remember My Info