Lost Girl went all kinds of crazy on "Faes Wide Shut."
Bo fed outside of her relationship and the partner ended up dead. Kenzi was possessive of Bo and acted unlike herself. Lauren was doing her best to be okay with Bo feeding. And Bo went dark again. Oh, and there was an octopussy!
Bo and Lauren were so cute together at the Dal picking out a sex partner for Bo. It was all a game until it started becoming a reality. As much as Lauren puts on a front that she's okay with Bo being with someone else, she is so NOT okay with it. She wouldn't be human if she didn't struggle with this situation, but she's brave for doing so.
As a doctor, she intellectually understands why Bo has to feed elsewhere, plus Lauren loves Bo and want her to be healthy. When Bo actually partnered up with someone else, she was uncomfortable with the awkward situation.
However, this may not be the biggest complication in their young couplehood. Bo's darkness has become a problem. When her romp in the sack was found dead, Bo was immediately a suspect. Could Bo be responsible for the deaths of two Fae? At the sex club, Dark Bo re-emerged to save Lauren and Kenzi. This dark persona within Bo has become a troublesome part of her life. Lauren has become concerned enough that she called someone for help.
Will Bo see Lauren's action as a betrayal? It depends on who she called and the motivation for them to even be talking about Bo. Unlike when Lauren was under the Ash's control, she's making her own decisions now. I doubt she would do anything that she didn't think was ultimately in Bo's best interest. The question is: Will Bo see it that way?
Meanwhile, Kenzi was acting all kinds of weird. She was clingy to Bo, said out of character things, and tried to sabotage Bo's relationships with both Lauren and Trick. Why? At the end of "Fae-de Black," Kenzi was grabbed on the street. It was almost immediately clear that the Kenzi that returned was not the same person, but her friends didn't know she was taken. It wasn't until after eating peanut seasoned food, Bo realized that Kenzi was not Kenzi at all.
Bo: So, tell me, bitch. Where the hell is Kenzi? | permalink
What creature took Kenzi's place? And, why? Perhaps, it will tie into the stuff that got on Kenzi's arm at the Norn's place. It was surprising and a bit disconcerting that no one caught on that something was wrong with Kenzi though. Besides the general odd behavior with Bo, Trick and Lauren, she said specific things that should have drawn attention: going to the casino and paying for her beer.
These relationships are filled with so many secrets and lies right now. When they all come out, which friendships and romances will remain solid, if any?
Odds and Ends
- Tamsin is still convinced Bo is responsible for the Dark Fae death and now this new death.
- Kenzi was on Team Dyson, then last week shifted a bit to accepting Lauren in Bo's life. It will be interesting to see if Faux-Kenzi's comments to Lauren about Dyson stick with Lauren or not. Lauren did show up all sexy to the club when she heard Dyson would be there.
- Dyson and Bo had a moment at the sex club gazing at each other, but once Lauren showed up Bo's attention immediately shifted to her girlfriend. With the secrets piling up, the love triangle could easily get reignited.
- Lauren: The secret to any relationship is trust, understanding and compromise. | permalink
- Lauren: Oh my lord, there's choking. | permalink
- Kenzi [to Lauren]: Doesn't mean you won't be the first one to get a Valentine's Day card. | permalink