The cast of Community took to the stage at PaleyFest last night and revealed that a puppet-themed episode of the NBC sitcom will air this fall.
The unusual installment will feature the study group going off on a balloon ride… crashing in the woods… and encountering a mountain man played by Jason Alexander.
From there, Dean Pelton will convince the gang to work through its issues via the use of hand pullets, which leads into flashbacks that involve larger versions of these puppets.
Sounds about right for the eccentric series, doesn't it?
Among other development teased during the panel discussion:
- Adam DeVine will portray Jeff's simple-minded half-brother - "he's like a four-hour grouper fish," Joel McHale described - when Jeff embarks on a family quest later this year.
- There may be more paintball on the way, but "don't yell at us if it isn't an entire episode of paintball," warned executive producer David Guarascio. We cannot make that guarantee.
- Viewers will actually see Shirley's house AND meet her in-laws before Community Season 4 is over.
- Jim Rash - OSCAR-winner Jim Rash! - has penned a body switch episode based around Troy and Abed.
- There will be some kind of "origins" episode and the gang may graduate. “Everyone’s on their own pace as is often the case in community college,” said Guarascio. “So stay tuned.”
The highlight of the Q&A, however, did not revolve around any scoops, spoilers and tidbits. Instead, it took place when the entire cast recreated Britta's pizza dance. Yes, it was as amazing as it sounds.