Ready for trips to Neverland and Oz, NBC Fanatics?
At the network's Television Critics Associtation press tour session today, Robert Greenblatt told folks to prepare for "flying children." Why?
Because NBC will follow up last month's Sound of Musical live production with a production of Peter Pan in late 2014.
Among other NBC news and notes:
- The network has ordered Emerald City to series. This will be a modern 10-episode remake of the iconic Frank L. Baum novels that inspired everything from The Wizard Of Oz to Wicked.
It will center around a "20-year-old Dorothy Gale" who is "sent on an eye-opening journey that thrusts her into the center of an epic and bloody battle for the control of Oz," according to a press release.
- A pilot for State of Affairs has been ordered. The drama will star former Grey’s Anatomy star Katherine Heigl as a CIA analyst.
- A new season of Celebrity Apprentice will shoot in the spring and be an "option" on the schedule, Greenblatt says.
- Billy Crystal will be Jay Leno's final Tonight Show guest.
- Greenblatt said executives are “really unhappy” that they can’t find an audience for Sean Saves the World and The Michael J. Fox Show, adding: "It’s been an uphill battle."
Want more NBC?
Sign up for our daily newsletter and receive the latest tv news delivered to your inbox for free!