So many things happened on The Tomorrow People Season 1 Episode 20 that I think I need a drink. And I’m not even really a drinker, so that’s saying something.
In a way, this episode had everything in it that I was hoping would happen when I realized that they had saved Roger.
First, Roger was reunited with his family and they all, including Astrid, had a nice dinner together.
Then there was Roger and Jedikiah working together and Jed become a part of the Tomorrow People team.
After everything that’s happened, it’s not like he could have returned to Ultra, but I wasn’t completely positive the paranormals would have him either.
Oh, youâre dating a computer. I shouldâve guessed.Roger
Everything was going great, until suddenly it wasn’t. First Roger wanted to leave his people leaderless once again as part of a plan to keep them safe. Once he saw that Stephen had been put into the Machine, that plan was quickly dumped.
Then the race was on to destroy the Machine. Again, everything was going swimmingly. That is until John decided that they needed Roger back as their leader and was willing to do anything to make that happen – up to and including shooting Roger with a tranquilizer.
Iâd rather die than give up Roger.John
I understood where John was coming from but his actions put him in a desperate spot. I kept waiting for someone or something to come in and rescue him when they tried to give him the serum to take his powers, but it never happened.
They only believed in Roger because you did. Youâre my hero, John.Charlie
The fact that it took as many hits as it did and that the room was destroyed by their efforts seemed to prove that John is now completely human. A part of me is intrigued to see how John deals with his plight and the other part of me feels horrible for him. It will be interesting to see which part wins as we get into the last two episodes of the season.
In the end, Hillary showed Stephen and everyone else how much she really cared about him. I wouldn’t have pegged her as the self-sacrificing type but I knew as soon as she gave Astrid that phone number what she had planned.
My whole life, Iâve wanted to be a hero. Iâve finally found a way.Hillary
If the Founder is indeed dead, what will it mean for the Tomorrow People? We’ll have to wait until next week to find out.
My favorite bits:
- Roger waking up just as Stephen’s mom was thinking he wasn’t going to. Talk about perfect timing.
- John vs. Roger. That is all.
- Cara realizing that John was purposely trying to get hurt by Roger.
- Luca’s reaction to see his father. Running away sounded about right to me.
- Stephen inviting the perfect buffer over for dinner, aka Astrid.
- Roger raising everyone’s glasses for them. Now I want to invite him over to my next dinner party.
- Astrid telling Hillary she better treat Stephen right.
- Charlie informing John that he was her hero. And now she’s kind of mine.
- Jedikiah admitting that he enjoyed being the powerful brother while Roger is gone.
- Jedikiah calling his computer “Love.” Too cute for words.
- Stephen discovering what the Founder did when he was in the machine.
- Russell volunteering to take the tracer first. Oh, no!
Has John really become human and if so, can he get his powers back?