5. Favorite unlikely dynamic duo: Klaus/Hayley, Damon/Rebekah, or Stefan/Caroline? Well, I want Klaus with Caroline (if he ever stops because QUITE so evil), I want Damon with Elena.... I could get on board with Stefan and Caroline, but I think their friendship is just so sweet...
4. Elena vs. Caroline for the UFC title, best 2-of-3: Who wins?As long as Elena doesn't have her humanity, I'd say she is dangerous and would win any fight with Caroline... she doesn't care who she hurts!
3. Klaus and Hayley: Hot or not (or really, really hot)?Hayley/Phoebe Tonkin annoys me (it's the Australian accent that she can't quite cover up I think), but that scene was HOOOTTT. Not because of Phoebe, but Joseph Morgan....sooooooo sexy! More shirtless JoMo, please!
2. Do you like the new Elena?Temporarily. I think that what makes the character of "Elena" special is her humanity. Well, it was and then she started getting really needy and everyone was all about protecting Elena... I don't know. I just know I wouldn't want her to stay this way. Also, I agree with the arbitrary sire bond thing...is it working, is it not working?? If it's not working, can Damon make her turn it back on?
1. What was your favorite quote or scene from the episode?Even though it was so cruel, Elena telling Stefan that she feels nothing for him...that the sex that had was good sex but isn't associated with any feelings...that his whole life revolves around her. It really shows how far down the rabbit hole she has really gone...
You know what I took away from the episode....KLAUS SEX! Omigosh, Joseph Morgan was so freakin' hot it made my heart skip a bit and my knees shake. Phoebe Tonkin irritates me, as does "Haley", (I think it's her terrible inability to cover the Australian accent)....but GOOD LAWD, that was HOT! And I wonder if the tats were real....
Sadder death: Jeremy or Alaric? I guess I'm at odds with the "roundtable" because I think Jeremy. He was Elena's BROTHER (well, cousin, but you know...). He was her very last family member. And he was finally coming into himself as a man and not an emo stoner. Ric was awesome and beloved and had a helluva bromance with Damon for sure, BUT he was not the constant in Elena's life that Jeremy was. And Bonnie loved Jeremy. And Matt has been friends with Jeremy since childhood...that's a real bromance. Alaric was great, but he didn't have the ties to the other characters or to Mystic Falls that Jeremy did. Jeremy's death might not be sadder to the viewers perhaps, but certainly for the characters, no?
What is your favorite Jeremy Gilbert memory? I actually like Jeremy quite a bit. He's been a steady, solid character in my opinion. I liked when Jeremy got all brotherly and protective on the Delena road trip. I liked the time he cut his hand in the kitchen to make Anna out herself as a vampire. There were touching and heartbreaking moments with Vicki in the first season. There were awesome moments with Bonnie. There may not be one huge, mind-blowing moment for me....but I think Jeremy Gilbert has been a great character.
Who should Jeremy date on The Other Side, Vicki or Anna? Date?! The guy just died... he might be a bit glum to feel like dating. Though, while watching the episode, I did have the fleeting thought of "I hope he reunites with Anna on the other side"...so I saw her. Their relationship seemed less drug-fueled and more genuine.
Were you surprised Jeremy really died? Yes! TVD has the (often annoying) habit of finding ways to make death not a permanent state. I don't want the veil lifted, I don't want Jeremy resurrected. I LOVE Jeremy and Steven R. McQueen, but I also want death (the gone forever, never coming back as a ghost or resurrected character kind) to actually be a possibility to these characters. Otherwise, the stakes (ha, vampire pun!) of every dangerous thing they do are low and meaningless....
Sign up for our
and receive the latest tv news delivered to your inbox for
© 2014 TV Fanatic
TV Fanatic Plus
Sign up for our daily newsletter to receive personalized television news for