Tournament of TV Fanatic
Comments by joyeful
Hannibal Review: This Plane is Goin' Down!
5/18/2013 11:42 PM
TiffanyO - I noticed that a few weeks ago and thought the same thing.
"He probably even stole some of Tobias' guts for his instruments". Tobias was the instrumentalist - and there's no way Hannibal would have taken any of his body parts; how would he call it self defense then?
Hannibal is a psychopath, but he's a brilliant therapist. He wanted to transfer Franklin because it was clear that Franklin was becoming obsessed with him. Not only was that bad for Franklin, but bad for Hannibal - no one can get too close.
Funny thing about Will - that last hallucination saved his life. If he hadn't run out to see if the noise was actually there, he could have been killed along with the other cops.
Hannibal Review: The Ripper
5/18/2013 6:34 PM
I think this review nailed the episode.
Only thing I want to say is - Anna Chlumsky has grown up to be a stunning young woman. This is the first I've seen her since My Girl.
Castle Round Table: "Watershed"
5/18/2013 2:48 PM
1. The argument scene was my favourite - Fillion knocked it out of the park.
2. Lanie. I thought Martha's advice was terrible; she basically told Castle to settle and accept Kate for the closed-off, secret keeping woman that she is. Not cool.
3. At this point I don't even care. Kate Beckett has become such an unsympathetic character that it doesn't even matter to me what she does anymore.
4. Absolutely not. It was forced and unreal. Rick Castle is a romantic; any proposal from him should be about loving someone and not wanting to be without them, not settling for what their personality is. It made no sense for Rick's character.
5. This was my least favourite season ender.
6. I actually want her to say no, for them to break up and for Beckett to realize that SHE's done more to jeopardize this relationship than anyone else.
Grimm Review: Unmasked
5/17/2013 10:48 PM
This episode was excellent - and freakin' weird. I mean, even for Grimm, it was WEIRD. But I enjoyed all of it.
FINALLY, Juliette knows, and looks like she's okay with it. So far. While this storyline has taken way too long, now that she's in the loop this will hopefully make for much better storytelling.
I find myself disinterested in Adalind and mystery of her royal spawn. I don't know why. I think right now it's a little too separate from everything else that's going on. I think the why's and how's need to be integrated into the main stories a little better - or faster, rather.
Nashville Review: Believable Triangle
5/17/2013 10:34 PM
Holy crow - Hayden - the scene where she found her mother even made ME cry. That was absolutely heartbreaking. Maybe Juliette will take the fact that her mother's dying act was for her redemption; hopefully she won't let her mother die in vain. It does suck, though, that Jolene will be portrayed as the crack-head killer in the media, because nobody knew what a douche Dante was.
Gunnar - what a mess he's become. He used to be one of my favourites; frankly, sometimes just being a clear-cut good guy is okay. It's unfortunate that the writers changed that. But I do like seeing how Avery's becoming a better person. Fantastic job by Jonathan Jackson all around.
So - Maddie - what made her think to even look?? The paternity story is a little forced and too fast, that storyline could have been played out for a whole other season.
Nashville Review: Condemned to Repeat It
5/17/2013 9:48 PM
Who would have thought that a show with Connie Britton would be carried by someone else? Chip Esten just NAILS everything he does, he doesn't waste a second of screen-time. From his argument with Rayna to their reconciliation in the car...even the way he looks at Rayna is different from how he looks at every other woman he's been with on the show. Somebody give that man an Emmy.
Totally agree that Avery is the character that has shown the most growth.
And Juliette - goodness, has she made ANY smart decisions on this show?
How I Met Your Mother Season 9: Cristin Milioti Upped to Series Regular
5/17/2013 8:37 PM
Seriously? They're gonna do that - spend the WHOLE season on the wedding?!?
Castle Review: Life Changes and Sad Faces
5/14/2013 7:17 AM
Okay - I slept on it hoping I would feel better in the morning, but...
Sorry everyone. I hated everything about that proposal.
1. Beckett had already made up her mind - she wanted the job. Which is great, really, she should be ambitious and want bigger things. But quite frankly, she wasn't that torn. She was afraid to lose him because he's comfortable, not because she can't imagine her life without him.
2. Castle basically said that she keeps secrets and that's okay because that's who she is. That's AWFUL, and that's not acceptable in any relationship. Saying you deserve more isn't the same as saying that you deserve better.
3. "We deserve more, so will you marry me?" WHAT?!? Right, because love has nothing to do with it.
UGH. I would almost have preferred it if they broke up.
How I Met Your Mother Review: Pop, Drop and Locket
5/13/2013 11:40 PM
1. Did anyone else find the whole "Krirsten" name even funnier having seen Keegan Michael-key's "Substitute Teacher" sketch?
2. The whole exchange between Marshall and the judge - hilarious.
OH MY GOSH THEY ACTUALLY SHOWED HER FACE!!!
We ACTUALLY got to see the mother!! Not just her shoes, or her umbrella, or her guitar, but her FACE!!
I also love that they went with a relative unknown - no preconceptions, no previous characters she's played to influence our perception of her. She's the mother.
Now, that being said, if the whole next season is STILL leading up to the wedding, I might just lose my mind.
Arrested Development Season 4: First Trailer!
5/13/2013 7:26 AM
It's the FINAL COUNTDOWN!!! Whoooooooooo!!!
Hannibal Review: Left Behind
5/12/2013 11:07 PM
*Will yells at Jack etc
I made the same mistake the reviewer did LOL
Hannibal Review: Left Behind
5/12/2013 11:06 PM
Finally catching up...
I saw the pre-empted episode; quite frankly, I don't think it added anything to THIS particular episode.
The abandonment theme was practically screaming at us the entire episode. It was probably most visible during the scene where Will yells at Graham, and Graham walks away, leaving Will alone under the "angel".
I'm probably the only one that thought Hannibal killed the Angelmaker? He seemed slightly perturbed when Will mentioned that the killer sees people for what they are (kinda like a Grimm LOL), and it seems a bit implausible that the guy could string himself up like that...
Also - I can't believe they showed the skinned bodies on network television. Wow.
NBC Releases 2013-2014 Schedule, Moves Revolution, Parenthood and Chicago Fire
5/12/2013 7:38 PM
Okay, so NBC...
1)...decided it was a great idea to move Grimm - which was holding its own on Friday - to Tuesdays for THREE FREAKIN' EPISODES and then park it back on Friday, when they had other shows *cough*Hannibal*cough* that actually could have used a better lead-in.
2)...renewed Community but left it off the schedule. Again.
3)...still can't make up its mind about Hannibal, which is arguably their best drama, and left that off the schedule too.
So either they're expecting some of their pickups to fail miserably and replace them with their omissions, or they have no idea what they're doing. Oh NBC. What a hot, freakin mess.
Who is the Worst Mother on TV?
5/12/2013 12:14 PM
I'm surprised you guys mentioned Regina and not her mother, Cora - who is by far one of the worst mothers ever.
Castle Season Finale Sneak Peek: DC-Ya?
5/11/2013 1:16 AM
I agree with all the previous comments - I think Castle's gone above and beyond the call of duty to be with Beckett and to be good to her; she hasn't extended him half of what he's given to her. How could Kate POSSIBLY think that not telling him was okay? Even if it was something that she needed to do for herself, she should have told him. Castle deserves to be treated better; she's treating him like a freakin' doormat.
NBC Cancels Go On
5/10/2013 11:13 PM
Quite frankly - as much as I like Community - I'm surprised that it survived while Go On didn't. I'm guessing NBC is going for syndication value?
Castle Season Finale Sneak Peek: DC-Ya?
5/10/2013 11:07 AM
Just - a million yesses to this clip. YES to everything Castle said.
Jeanne Cooper, Young and the Restless Veteran, Dies at 84
5/8/2013 4:51 PM
She was Katherine CHANCELLOR, not Chandler. I totally grew up watching Y&R - she was like the cool, feisty grandmother I always wanted. RIP Duchess.
Nashville Review: Rip It Up
5/7/2013 7:16 PM
I agree that the main characters should have some more interaction, but I still enjoy the show. However, I will say that it's gotten a tad predictable. I think we all saw Dante's malefaction coming. And Dan's right - from the start of that scene we knew that Will was gonna make a pass at Deacon.
One more thing - I totally agree with Dan - Deacon is freakin' awesome. He is easily the best written and best acted character on this show. And just for that, I want everything good to happen for him. Until, you know, he finds out he has a teenage daughter...
How I Met Your Mother Review: Can You Dig It?
5/7/2013 10:44 AM
I really disliked this episode. For one - as a woman, I hate when women on TV can't say what they feeling and do that "it's nothing", expecting the guy to know what they mean and want. Ted was right - if she had just TOLD Barney she needed him, I bet he would have been there. Speaking of Ted...
Second - I audibly groaned when Ted showed up at the park. Can we just let go of the Ted/Robin nonsense already??
Third - The whole Barney/Robin Sr thing was kinda awful and forced, and went nowhere. If we need to give Barney a father figure, for the love of all that is holy, bring back John Lithgow!
A very tiny part of me is hoping that they're setting something up that is going to surprise us (like Barney's proposal after a string of annoying episodes) - but short of that...ugh.
Castle Review: Rise of the Machines
5/7/2013 10:03 AM
1. The case was irritating - mostly because of how it portrayed Castle to be a bit of a bumbling idiot. I usually enjoy his far-fetched ideas, but this time he just went on and on. I also hate continuity issues. We've known Castle is an excellent shot since season 1's "target practice" and season 3's opener. How is he suddenly a joke with a gun?
2. Beckett and her secrecy are getting on my last nerve. For the love of hair extensions, geez, tell Castle what's on your mind!!
3. I feel Beckett's going to take the job - and Castle's going to follow her. That's the only way this show will continue to make sense. Beckett takes the job, and Castle moves to DC with her and has new inspiration and stories to tell about Nikki Heat (I know, we all forget he's a writer because they barely mention his books anymore...)
Castle Round Table: "Still"
5/2/2013 12:17 AM
1. Favourite scene: Gates - "Oh for goodness sake, Detective, kiss him already!"
2. Favourite flashback - all the ones of Castle playing cop. I loved season 1 and 2 Rick Castle. He was so playful. That's what hooked me - it was the fun of the show.
3. No - it's been obvious for a long time that Gates knew and was choosing not to deal with it.
4. Loved the short cut in Season 1, it really made her gorgeous facial features more striking. The beginning of Season 2 was mullet-ish, but I loved the layered look she had by the end of the season. Season 3 was the perfect length. Also, I liked the colour of her hair in the first three seasons.
I think the long hair in season 4 & 5 - and the highlights - doesn't flatter her face or figure as much as a shorter cut does. But she's gorgeous anyway.
Castle Round Table: "Still"
5/2/2013 12:12 AM
5. Yes and No. I enjoyed this episode just as much as I would have, but I did keep in mind the switch. What did happen, though, was I ended up hating last week's episode even more. I already thought it was crazy, and then knowing that it would have been followed THIS made it even more ridiculous to me.
6. My favourite will always be the first - the "distractor" kiss in the parking lot. There was something about the unexpected, unbridled longing in that which just made it for me.
TV Ratings Report: Thank Grimm It's Tuesday
5/1/2013 11:52 PM
New Girl Review: The Archduke
5/1/2013 11:37 PM
Also, we're forgetting about Schmidt here, and about the fact that Elizabeth, not Cece, brings out the best in him. Elizabeth brings out the heart of gold in our favourite douche-with-a-heart-of-gold. Cece and Schmidt may like each other, or even love each other, but they're no good for each other.
538 Total Comments
What's New Tonight
8:00 PM, FOX
9:00 PM, FOX
Game of Thrones
10:00 PM, HBO
10:00 PM, AMC
10:00 PM, Lifetime
The Client List
10:00 PM, Lifetime
Recent Round Tables
"Damned If You Do"
"Truth (Part II)"
The Vampire Diaries
Pretty Little Liars
Sons of Anarchy
Game of Thrones
More Shows »
© Copyright 2013