1. Nelly Yuki asking Dan to move in with her. How sad is it that Danellyuki is the most interesting couple this season?
2. Long over due. Danellyuki all the way!
3. Sage playing S&B. Fashion shows are way more risque than that, and the models are younger.
4. Nage! It's just 'Ewwww!'.
5. Deep down this isn't really about taking down Bart Bass or Blair making a success of EWD. This is about recreating the "mind-blowing" Monte Carlo experience after months (years?) of abstenance. I couldn't care less about whatever they find out about Bart, and EWD will be successful when Blair hires Jenny Humphrey to be head designer.
6. I can give it half of one thumb at this point, primarily for the new set design of EWD. It's giving me ideas for my sewing room.
7. Chair; Serenate; Danellyuki; Eric, Carter or Lola are GG; Jenny becomes head designer at EWD; Rufus dumps Ivy.
How sad is it that the most interesting relationship this season is Danellyuki?
Amending my answer to #6:
Waldorf Designs will thrive under Blair when she hires Jenny Humphrey as designer. Jenny's got the experience with the company, and Blair is so out of her league experience-wise.
I also hope we're not seeing a pattern beginning to develope in terms of episode plots. I do hope Diggle becomes Ollie's Alfred, but as he technically works for Mrs Queen, that would present some problems. Dectective Lance looks too stupid to figure out the Ollie-Arrow connection. Tommy, on the other hand, might have an inkling. I think he might have been faking being passed out in the warehouse in the pilot.
Just another reason why this show is failing. It should be Serenate! They were the relationship that kicked off the show. They should get togethor at the end. Dan made it pretty clear to Serena that he didn't want anything more to do with her. It doesn't make sense that he's then marry her.
1. Georgina's nickname for Nate - "the handsome, vacant one". If it weren't so wordy it might beat out "Man bangs".
2. Nelli Yuki's return actually surprised me. Any charity will let you raise money for them, especially if you have the Van der Woodsen name and connections.
3. Bart hiding something. It's just tired, and I don't care about Bass warfare anymore. Although, Nate should've done a little cyber stalking on his potential girlfriend. Probably would've found out she's in high school and who her dad is.
4. Yes, Nate will eventually hire Dan to be a writer/reporter for the paper, a la Carrie Bradshaw.
5. Neither - Serenate will be end game. It's the relationship that started the show. It needs to end the show too.
6. Waldorf Desings will never thrive with Blair (and Dorota) at the helm, and Chuck will throw all his money at it to keep it afloat for as long as possible.
7. Nate, but watching Georgina watch Dan would be entertaining as well.
Aside from the new set design of the Waldorf Atelier (thank you TV Guide), this episode was a wash. Same old crap. I even FF'd thru the Chuck-Bart nonsense at brunch.
1. Going with Christina and the shout-out to Wisconsin.
2. Wow, I didn't get any of them, not even the 'Country Strong' one. Does that mean they weren't that good, or I just didn't care?
4. It was way down there. Too basic, even for them.
5. Dan's hair.
6. Blair's because I can remember why she slapped him. Can't say the same for S.
7. If they're a new character, then they must be shady. Although I think Steven knew who he was really hooking up with.
8. I'm still kinda hoping for Lola, but Carter Baizen would be good too.
"The premiere conjured up memories of the show's glory days, while setting the stage for this final chapter.
"Gone Maybe Gone," revived the entire series in 42 minutes and raised expectations for Gossip Girl going out on top.
If we're placing our bets, the next nine weeks look bright."
Were we watching the same episode???? I did not see an improvement over the last season and a half. It may have brought back memeories of the show's early days, but only in a wishful thinking kind of way. Blair's hair is still dull and lifeless, Serena's orbs are still on display, and my eyes are still burning from the wrongness of Rufus and Ivy getting naked togethor.
I want it to be CharLola so bad! It'll probably be someone lame like Vanessa.
© 2013 TV Fanatic