Aside from the new set design of the Waldorf Atelier (thank you TV Guide), this episode was a wash. Same old crap. I even FF'd thru the Chuck-Bart nonsense at brunch.
1. Going with Christina and the shout-out to Wisconsin.
2. Wow, I didn't get any of them, not even the 'Country Strong' one. Does that mean they weren't that good, or I just didn't care?
4. It was way down there. Too basic, even for them.
5. Dan's hair.
6. Blair's because I can remember why she slapped him. Can't say the same for S.
7. If they're a new character, then they must be shady. Although I think Steven knew who he was really hooking up with.
8. I'm still kinda hoping for Lola, but Carter Baizen would be good too.
"The premiere conjured up memories of the show's glory days, while setting the stage for this final chapter.
"Gone Maybe Gone," revived the entire series in 42 minutes and raised expectations for Gossip Girl going out on top.
If we're placing our bets, the next nine weeks look bright."
Were we watching the same episode???? I did not see an improvement over the last season and a half. It may have brought back memeories of the show's early days, but only in a wishful thinking kind of way. Blair's hair is still dull and lifeless, Serena's orbs are still on display, and my eyes are still burning from the wrongness of Rufus and Ivy getting naked togethor.
I want it to be CharLola so bad! It'll probably be someone lame like Vanessa.
Shocking that they think we viewers still give a damn about Serena, or that we believe that Nate can succeed at anything other than sex.
1. Sad to say I haven't watched any of the promos/clips. From the press I've seen, I'm not impressed. I probably wouldn't even watch this season if it wasn't the last one and only 10 episodes.
2. There better be a reveal, or I'll be pissed that I wasted so many years (and money) on this.
3. My hope is Dan winds up the invisible loser he was in the premiere, on the school bus with Chuck & Nate.
4. Does anybody even care about Serena anymore? She hasn't been a major player here for at least a season and a half.
5. Carter Baizen!
6. 'Hi, Society' and 'Valley Girls' would be my favorite two episodes. Debutante Ball, Prom, Brittany Snow and Andrew McCarthy!
7. I would like to see GG return to Season 1 production values. I always liked the great dress-up occassions and the Archibald - Van der Bilt many houses. From what I've seen of the costumes so far, that's not going to happen. I think Eric Damen's press/success has gone to his head and he's taken his eye off the prize.
Jumpy claps - Sweets has a gun! Loved Max, and the B&B make-outs.
Rewatching season 1, I'm not surprised Toby is A-team, or that A tried to help/save Emily from pyscho Nate. I'm betting on Em finding out the truth about Toby, since she was the one who convinced Spencer that Toby wasn't bad.
1. I wouldn't say I fell for the Paige propaganda, but I'm not willing to forgive & forget with her either.
2. I'll admit his reunion with Spencer felt off in terms of the flow of the episode, which should have been my clue, if I cared.
3. I'm not sure I'd date anybody in Rosewood, including Caleb. He was acting weird the whole episode, and Spencer just gave him Maya's bag. Caleb is my next A-team suspect (keeping Wren company).
4. Ooooh - Teresa's answer is good! The death of Ezra & Aria's relationship. But I'll take Garrett (aka Ian 2.0).
5. While Toby's on my Dream A-team, I have no motivation for him being there, unless he's working undercover (which according to PLL people, he's not). Okay, I take that back. I'm rewatching season 1 now and Toby got screwed by Ali and the PLLs! I don't blame him for joining.
I think she's making out with the singer from the band.
© 2014 TV Fanatic