I liked this episode a lot,the fast pace is really refreshing! I know that a lot of people ware surprised that Verna was the killer, but I still think it's too easy.. Perhaps I'm reading too much into things, but I still think Mellie was at the very least Verna's accomplice. Verna did say that Fitz wasn't stupid, then we saw Fitz thinking Mellie killed her. I'm sorry, but Mellie's nerves before getting off the car--that's not pure coincidence. And this storyline can be what Shonda and co needs to get Fitz back in Liv's arms!
1. Arizonawalking in the hospital, and Meredith recalling old events in the house to Alex.
2. About time! I loved her interaction with the interns, brings back old Cristina, but also it seems that this time, it's not to be mean, but to teach.
3. Too many characters--with the interns and a couple patients, a lot happened so yeah, not a lot of screen time from the characters whom I actually find amusing.
4. Who cares? This storyline is so annoying and got way too much screen time. I can't even remember the last time I saw April practicing medicine.
5. Bad for the relationships, which means good for drama!
I agree with your lukewarm reception of this episode, Dan! What disappoints me is how this season seems to be merely a repetition of the last. (question of loyalty, Carrie-Brody affair, Carrie-damage, meanwhile the terrorists remain) S01 was exciting because of the mystery surrounding Brody, but now it seems that the series will only continue switching Brody's loyalty. After a while, it seems boring. And after SNL, the overacting and underacting in parts are a lot more obvious.
1. When Thomas dropped on the floor and Cristina had to continue the surgery. Man, give this girl a break! I also loved the locker scene where she realized she's better off at a place with people she cares about--it just shows her vulnerable side, which is always great to see!
2. I love these two so it didn't bother me at all, but one per season is probably more than enough.
3. Derek and Owen - the other halves of the twisted sisters
4. definitely! great for crowen but bad for the interns!
5. To the first great mentor of Dr. Yang:if Cristina becomes half the dedicated, passionate, and courageous doctor you were, she will be one hell of a surgeon.
I agree about Bailey Sa'ad702, I am so disappointed about what they're doing with her character. First she's gone so soft, and now it seems like she's not valued as much as even the younger attendings. Even April has a more interesting storyline than her. I say bring old Bailey back! I always imagined she'll be Chief one day, but if she keeps this up, Meredith might beat her to it.
1. Cristina/Dr Thomas scenes! I love it when we get to see how much heart Cristina has despite her reputation of being selfish and cold.
2. Saw it coming. I said last week that Cristina will grow in this new hospital before going back to SG, and I think this will make forgive Owen more easily.
3. I don't care for both couples, but I love that Webber is really showing that he is the wise man in town. I love those scenes when he put Jackson in his place!
4. Alex and Callie. This one's obvious. Or maybe Derek, as he's the teacher nowadays and he's been in similar situations.
5. Feel bad for him. I just hope the move will help him get better and not sink deeper. I still believe he'll get back together with Cristina at some point.
1. Calzona shower scene. Great performance from both, but I give it to Sara R. Callie's pain just seemed to explode in that shower, and it was amazing to watch.
2. Mer and Jackson. We've gotta admit Webber's got game, and I agree that these two have so much in common, but this hasn't been highlighted for the longest time.
3.I thought at first that Cristina will be so unhappy at her new hospital she'd come running back to SG, but now I realize that it's therapy! This new hospital will make her better and improved Cristina will come back to Seattle and Owen's waiting arms.
4. Tough choice, but the honorable route is always a safe bet.
5. Never cared for these two much.
I'm still hoping the Derena wedding is a foiler, but for practical reasons, they're most probably not. But they could still be dream sequences or a page from dan's new book. Those would make sense that it being real. People keep associating Eric and Jenny's return to Derena, but more sensibly they'll come back for Rufus and Lily. Chair is more expected, so that one's probably real.
This does not make any sense. last season when Serena told Dan, "I love you, always have, always will", I almost gagged. Where the heck did that come from??? If this is not a foiler... it's gonna take a hell of a great writer to convince viewers how Dan can marry Serena after he has loved Blair (it seems to me) deeper and more maturely. Derena was so highschool. Dan's better off ending solo.
Gory greatness! Many series do time jumps these days, but TWD did it so well. It is apparent how the characters have grown. Carl is not a kid anymore, there is more fight than fear or confusion in everyoneâ€™s eyes, roles have been established and the five-person fighting circle was awesome to watch! The leg-cutting and the â€œholy shitâ€ reveal in the end were heart-stopping. Even the thought of a baby-walker is intriguing. This was a great premiere that is setting the tone for what hopefully will be a much better season than the last.
© 2014 TV Fanatic