Fantastic ratings!

People are idiots. 4x02 was a much, much better episode.

Great, now JS and SS are going to think that emotionally abusive Chuck and desperate Blair chasing after him is good for ratings. Of course, that's the dynamic they love anyway, so whatever.

Posted at

4x05 promo (Spoilers)

right, like when she was crying in 3x17 after the IP and his only answer was "you went up there on your own"

I love you, too.

Posted at

4x05 promo (Spoilers)

I very nearly choked on my soda at that line.  And almost wished for Blair to "accidentally" trip, giving him a faceful of it, with a "I almost forgot how you liked to get your face in it." as a retort.

I love you.

Posted at

Chuck Bass: Hypocrite Extraordinaire.

Ugh, Formatting FAIL. Here we go again:

I just have to express my complete and utter DISGUST at Chuck's ridiculous levels of hypocrisy in 4x03-4x04. Doesn't anybody else find it completely laughable that he's looking down his nose at Blair and telling Eva what a horrible bitch she is?

1) Dear Chuck: stop pretending that you have nothing to do with the way Blair's acting right now. This is even more disgusting because your little conversation with Eva in 4x03 where you told her that Blair's such a horrible person, blah blah blah, happened BEFORE you "confessed" all your past sins to her, so what you're really doing is pretending that you weren't responsible in any way for the break-up or for Blair's pain.

The hypocrisy and smug condescension are making me want to punch him in the face.

Interesting that we never got to hear Chuck's "confession," by the way. I'll bet you anything that he made himself look as much like a victim as possible.

2) Yes, Blair's directing her anger at the wrong person. But Chuck's got no right to judge her for that, considering that HE spent much of S3 using Blair as an emotional punching bag and worse.

You know, people who feel GENUINELY SORRY for bad things they've done tend to blame THEMSELVES first. They don't go around with a holier-than-thou attitude condemning and judging people who've suffered because of them. I thought Dan was supposed to be the judgy one?

Dear Chuck: STFU. STFU STFU STFU STFU.

Posted at

Chuck Bass: Hypocrite Extraordinaire.

I just have to express my complete and utter DISGUST at Chuck's ridiculous levels of hypocrisy in 4x03-4x04. Doesn't anybody else find it completely laughable that he's looking down his nose at Blair and telling Eva what a horrible bitch she is?1) Dear Chuck: stop pretending that you have nothing to do with the way Blair's acting right now. This is even more disgusting because your little conversation with Eva in 4x03 where you told her that Blair's such a horrible person, blah blah blah, happened BEFORE you "confessed" all your past sins to her, so what you're really doing is pretending that you weren't responsible in any way for the break-up or for Blair's pain. The hypocrisy and smug condescension are making me want to punch him in the face.Interesting that we never got to hear Chuck's "confession," by the way. I'll bet you anything that he made himself look as much like a victim as possible.2) Yes, Blair's directing her anger at the wrong person. But Chuck's got no right to judge her for that, considering that HE spent much of S3 using Blair as an emotional punching bag and worse.You know, people who feel GENUINELY SORRY for bad things they've done tend to blame THEMSELVES first. They don't go around with a holier-than-thou attitude condemning and judging people who've suffered because of them. I thought Dan was supposed to be the judgy one?Dear Chuck: STFU. STFU STFU STFU STFU.

Posted at

Too far?

It's two separate discussions though.  One about the writing and another about the character as if they were human.

Definitely. When the writing for a TV show is good, you can talk about the characters as if they were real people. The problem with GG nowadays is that the writing has been so bad fro so long that you can't do that anymore.

Posted at

Too far?

Now some people blame the writers for blair's behaver but for Chuck, well they blame, Chuck. Ummm.

*eyeroll* There are some instances of Blair behaving like a total bitch where it's completely in-character. Like the way she acts to Vanessa in 3.01 when she's taking Dan off to do some scheming against Carter.

However, this version of Blair does not jive at all with, say, the Blair who held back from outing Asher in 1x15/1x16 because it would out Eric, too.

Chuck's ALWAYS been a self-absorbed, narcissistic jerk, it's just gotten worse recently. The only times when he does something "good" are when he doesn't have to give up or sacrifice anything himself to do it. He's never been faced with a CHOICE between something he wants and something someone else wants and NOT put himself first (except maybe the Prom in S2.)

I don't think that's true. Blair is the one we're supposed to root for and Chuck is as always clueless and delusionnal.

Eh, I think the writers are all Chuck stans TBH.

Posted at

Too far?

I'm not mad at Blair I'm just disappointed in the writers. They could have used another charity for her to look down on. I get what they were trying to do but it wasn't quite right and I'm surprised they didn't realize that when writing it. 

I think they knew full well what they were doing, they just want to make Blair look as bad as possible (and Eva as saintly as possible) so people will blame her for everything and absolve Chuck of all responsibility.

I've seen this play out hundreds of times on Fanfiction.net, the difference is that these are professional writers and they should know better.

Posted at

Too far?

Court, TBH I'm not sure how to feel about it, because it makes me cringe, but not in the way you mean...how should I put this?

OK, to put it bluntly, episodes 4x03-4x04 are crappy fanfic written by a Chuck stan with a Mary Sue self-insert Original Female Character. So obviously they are going to go OTT with the characterization to make Blair look bad and the new girl look ~*~angelic~*~.

So the meta agenda is becoming so obvious here that I don't really know whether to even accept it as canon, or react to it the way I normally would to an episode.

Posted at

All Aboard Ship Royalty!

Oh wait, what am I thinking...nothing would make sense as long as they keep letting Blair miserable hanging onto Chuck!

*eyeroll* I know, bb. Sucks, doesn't it?

Posted at
x Close Ad