4x03 Promo

Ugh...are Chuck and Eva...humping in the Canadian promo?

Posted at

Serena should go take a long walk off a short pier

according to the previews, a cat fight in episode 3.

Actually that's not what it looks like (I know spoilers, hee hee). B and S are actually pretty strong in the eps I know about, which is 4x03-4x05. That is, IMO Blair is great and supportive to Serena and Serena is more involved in her own issues but at least not actively screwing up Blair's life. That's Chuck's job now he's back in NYC.

I vote that the sabotage is not an accident, but that fucking up Blair's life gives her enough to distract herself with that she can pretend she is breaking Dan and Nate's hearts on accident.

Given Serena's character, even if that's not consciously what she's doing, subconsciously I can well believe it. Which is sick.

Posted at

Josh tweet after 4x02

@DazzleMeRob we can top that chuck and Blair scene... And we will. Wait til episode 8!

UGH. If CB have a sex scene in 4x08 after the way he treats her in 4x03-4x05 then I will THROW UP.

This is seriously like watching Sleeping With The Enemy, only everyone's encouraging Julia Roberts to go back to her abusive husband, and she does.

Posted at

sekushinonyanko, I read your post after writing mine. So to respond:

It was only after Serena repeatedly contacted her, chased her around, guilt tripped her and emotionally blackmailed her that she agreed to go and beg Chuck to come back.

Actually, you're right. That makes it even WORSE.

Great, now Blair's got TWO people emotionally manipulating her, instead of just one.

Posted at

The thing is, it's well known that women in abusive relationships find it incredibly hard to break out of the cycle. They always make excuses for the guy ("He really loves me" "He's a good guy deep down" "He doesn't mean it.") It's Stockholm Syndrome.

If someone you care about is in that situation, then you have to talk them OUT of it. You have to convince them that it's OK to move on, that he's not worth it, that it's OK for them to get the hell away.

Serena's doing the OPPOSITE. Has been since 2x14. WTF.

Posted at

Josh Schwartz didn't lie

It's not only that she told him she didn't love him.  She owned the scene, she owned the pace, she gave him his ring back...but she wasn't yelling, she wasn't accusing him of anything, she was just being Blair and being honest and real and royal even.

EXACTLY. She was mature and honest and grown up about it.

She's too good for Chuck.

Posted at

Blair was right about Gabriel, and right about Tripp. In both cases she was trying to get Serena AWAY from a guy who was lying to her, and was ultimately bad for her.

NOTHING justifies pushing a reluctant girl back to help a guy who PROSTITUTED her to the uncle who tried to rape someone the year before. NOTHING.

I get wanting to defend a character you like, but Serena did what she did and she's done it before, and it's driving me crazy. And I think I'm justified in that opinion.

Posted at

Josh Schwartz didn't lie

It just felt so good to hear her finally tell him she doesn't love him anymore. I'd be even happier if it was true.

Oh yeah.

Posted at

B can walk away from S...not like B hasn't done whatever she wanted before?

That doesn't change the fact that S is being a shitty friend. There are lots of times when she could have broken the spiral with Chuck if Serena hadn't pushed her back in (2x14, for instance.)

You could say the same about the deal with Jack: sure, B COULD have walked away and said no despite Chuck's manipulations, all his weepy, creepy, "My father was right about me" bullshit. That does NOT make what Chuck did OK.

Of course, there are people on FF right now arguing that this is exactly why B is completely to blame for what happened with Jack, so...

Posted at

Would it kill S to go pressure Blair into being with chuck after the fucking ball? I think not.

Exactly. Chuck is not Blair's responsibility. He screwed up his own life. Why does Blair have to rescue him again and again and again, only to have him spit in her face?

WTF, Serena.

Posted at