Why can't he get in?

Unless Logan lived in a privately-owned flat complex, in which case no he could not :P

Posted at

BTVS and TVD thread

@Halde

ALl the songs in that episode have been made speciffically for that show and are specifically written for those characters and setting. :)

And I am sure you heard it before, there are thousands of fanvids of various things with that song, a lot of things from that episode got very popular.

Posted at

season 3 theories

I certainly can't see Forwood ending up happy. Tyler will either die or the whole stuff will cause them to break up eventually.

I can't see DE getting that official for now. Most likely both of them will be in sort of denial, trying t antagonize each other for a while due to obvious guilt. I bet the conversations between them will be..awkward and frankly I can't see them getting THAT together yet. It needs to build up as they deal with this whole Stefan problem.

I certainly hope that whole Jermey ghost whisperer thing will be handled with dread and bad stuff like the consequences of defying death should be. If its just another convenient power, then ughhh. But if it IS treated as dangerus and bad and stuff then its ok. Its a very good way to get insight into things and give the show some sort of foreshadowing(which this show lacks). I certainly hope seeing dead people will take a toll n Jeremy's sanity even a little bit. and that he is not just a convenient way of getting original family out.

I sort of hope stefan gets to do bad stuff befre joining back, maybe even klaus is not able to control him and stefan eventually betrays him and remains a "third" badguy side for a while till he is brought back to the good side somehow(i doubt this show would go buffy route with him, this show has not got enough gutts to try that).

I sort of doubt Kat will join them. Its not her style and I do not see her making nice with Elena any time soon. She might not harm them but I doubt she will ever go uber friendly on them.

Since this show so far has neglected ELena, I surely expect Jeremy/Alaric bonding with elena being IGNORED AGAIN, like this show so loves to do ...I just pray she has at least A BIT MORE to do than sit there and care 3minutes per episode like it has been in season2...

Posted at

Who would you want to see as an original?

@Sarahliz

As for your names, Steven would not work as its pretty much a different prunouncation of Stephan and Devon is name which began to appear in the last century.

SO far all siblings have VERY old names. Elijah as name dates a couple of thousand names and Nicholaus/Klaus is one of oldest german names known.

So Originals would most likely have very OLD names either biblical(like Elijah) or archaic (like Klaus)

So names like Bridgett, Michael, Ariadne, Cassandra, Sarah, Daniel, Adam, Jonathan, Roland, etc would work, while names like Steven, Helen, Demian, Devon would not either due to being too young or already used in some form.

Posted at

Who would you want to see as an original?

SMG for either mother or sister (of course best casting for her imo would have been Meredith :3)

Robert Carlyle - Would make PERFECT father. He knows how to play smug mysterious roles, complete psychos as well as compelling sad broken characters.

Katie Cassidy,  because she was the best part of the best season of certain show that went all crappy the moment she left... 

J.Marsters, because well...obviously...

and dozens of other fitting actors

Posted at

BTVS and TVD thread

hence why I said: scenes, personalities and storylines.

Posted at

BTVS and TVD thread

@Halde

its just a tradition which started as early as x-files original airing. THe idea of combining to words/names into one word, so called, portmanteau is as old as L.Carol's Alice books. Words like wikipedia or brunch(breakfast and lunch) are officially recognised blends.

Overall it shortens the need of text to write and is easier to write than let's say,"Buffy/Faith"

Posted at

BTVS and TVD thread

Correction: Any sort of longterm happiness means the end or beginning of a  LOT of angst.

J.Whedon does not like his characters(and viewers) being in happy moood for too long. Every Birthday, holiday, etc, turns bloody. And why angst-y and messed up characters like Buffy live for such a long time.The more tortured, messed up, etc, you are, the longer you get to delay your innevitable horrible cruel death.

AS for Spangel and Fangel, those two pairings have considerably less fan following, than let's say  Fuffy did.

Otherwise than those three pairings I listed, its pretty much useless to guess or name ships as J.Whedon hated the whole "destined" or "soulmates" fluff.

And yes, let's not spoil anything :P Halde still did not get through season5 and 6 and 7, also known as THE meat-y stuff in terms of twists and cruelty :)

Posted at

BTVS and TVD thread

@Halde

well, Bangel(Angel/Buffy), Spuffy(Spike/Buffy) and Fuffy(Faith/Buffy) ship names are the classic already :)

Posted at

BTVS and TVD thread

And yet first half of season5 is nothing compared to second half :P

I almost got impression that the writers and producers enjoyed the pain they would cause the viewers and characters with a lot of very cruel stuff that tvd or any other show really would never manage to do :]

Posted at