TVD Season 3 Summary (from CW press release for fall shows)

Season three opens the door to learn more about Klaus and The Original Family as his motives for wanting Stefan on his side are finally revealed. As Stefan sinks deeper into the dark side, Damon and Elena struggle with the guilt of their growing bond even as they work together to bring Stefan back from the edge. The ghosts from Jeremy's past have a powerful message they're trying to deliver to him, not to mention the impact they're having on his relationship with Bonnie. And as Caroline and Tyler grow closer, a war erupts between their families. The series stars Nina Dobrev as Elena Gilbert, Paul Wesley as Stefan Salvatore, Ian Somerhalder as Damon Salvatore, Steven R. McQueen as Jeremy Gilbert, Kat Graham as Bonnie Bennett, Candice Accola as Caroline Forbes, Zach Roerig as Matt Donovan, Michael Trevino as Tyler Lockwood, Matt Davis as Alaric Saltzman and Joseph Morgan as Klaus. Based on the series of books by L. J. Smith, THE VAMPIRE DIARIES is from Bonanza Productions Inc., Outerbanks Entertainment and Alloy Entertainment in association with Warner Bros. Television and CBS Television Studios with executive producers Kevin Williamson ("Scream," "Dawson's Creek"), Julie Plec ("Kyle XY," "Wasteland"), Leslie Morgenstein ("Gossip Girl," "Private") and Bob Levy ("Gossip Girl," "Privileged").

- So Vicki and Anna ARE just ghosts.

- And the rumored "romeo and juliet" reenactment with Caroline and Tyler is also in this season. I guess tyler might get the same fate Book-Tyler got, despite being thousand times better person.

I do wonder about the message the ghosts want to deliver. Something about Elena? Something about what Klaus wants? Or maybe both of these things?

Posted at

Delena fans Turning to Datherine?

Feh.

It still amuses me on just how much even the thought of damon/katherine  pairing disgusts me and how epic is damon/elena, considering both are played by N.Dobrev.

Stefan/Katherine on other hand is just as epic as Damon/Elena.

Posted at

Kevin Williamson on season 3

Without BTVS you would not have any sort of dark/gothic vampire fiction on big or small screen.

Heck, without BTVS you would not have strong female characters on tv.

BTVS started a lot of things and no other show so far manages to outmatch it in quality and character development, no matter how they try.

And even if you got TVD tv show, P.wesley would not play stefan, because...well, we all know on why P.Wesley was cast and why they wanted Stefan to resemble certain character.

Posted at

Rose (as in the flower) from TVD Title Card

Its not a rose that is given to "Stefan"(actually Damon picks it up)  its  abucket of flowers.

Rose symbolizes a few things:

- First and foremost Elena. Its a fragile flower with quite stingy thorns for protection.

- Second, but no less important, fragility of Life.

Posted at

Hm I actually fail to find anything similar...hm, well LOTRO will fit.

Imagine Frodo.  Frodo is destined to bring the ring to that mountain, right? But he could either destroy it or not destroy it and go all whacky crazy bla bla bla. No matter what he will always end up there.

Stefan is frodo. Klaus is a guy who actually wants Stefan/Frodo to keep the ring because of what will happen because of that.

Bassically possibly there is something only Stefan could do(or stefan is the most fitting person/soul for that), but it can go both ways. Klaus wants Stefan to choose the way he wants it to happen.

Posted at

Elena from books ..

I would not say Elena evolves into tv-elena.

She evolves into a weird mix of less-sociopathic Katherine and less-damaged/broken  Buffy. She is still pretty much manipulative and can be very vicious to those who go against her, has "darker desires and sides" and has no complexes about what she feels towards Damon, but she just values those people she cares about a whole lot more and actually does not hold herself as better than them anymore.

Posted at

Another question

@Cydonia

and Steffie, the good guy he is, EVEN WHEN CONFRONTED, casually forgot to mention several relapses after that and how he has wiped out several villages during that.

@Maria Lov2bLov

Yes. Yes Damon did that. But he certainly did NOT enjoy that, was capable of feeling sorry and actually do that because he could not help it.

Stefan on other hand, could return as complete monster who would do that out of pure pleasure and in some twisted way.

@Halde

But who is to say that you can't have more than one soulmate? Or that the whole soulmate thing is actually natural and not caused by someone evil?

Elena in the books was a "soul mate" to Stefan. But She and Damon were "twin flames" - a beings who are very similar to each other, who compliment each other, like two sides of the heart. And just like the heart, one half can't function without the other.

Soul mate is just a pretty concept.  It does not necesarilly mean anything more.

Posted at

@Halde

Certainly not.

It is implied that "rippers" are generally stronger, faster and practically never turn back to being good.

But yeh, i think this has NOTHING to do with his state. Its probably more of that "what you are destined for" things.  Maybe he is destined/capable of causing something bad(just like Angel was destined to either kill the world or save it) and Klaus just wants to guide him towards that. I would certainly bet on that.

Posted at

Elena from books ..

No, Elena is JUST a doppelganger and future-vampire and future-godknowswhat in TV show.

And Elena is JUST a vampire, an angel, a demon, a  spirit and god knows what else in the books. That basically grants her abilities like telepathy, summoning the dead, channeling angelic power to strengthen various abilities. Oh and did I say Wings? Yep. Different sets of "wings powers". And man did she did a bit of slayage...I guess getting the main badguy(/girl) beg Elena to not kill her, just proves that you do NOT want to mess with book-Elena or any of those she cares about.

As for Buffy, well she might be "slayer", but all that brings is a bit better reflexes and instincts, a bit more strength and a durability to survive stuff like a fall from second floor without even a scratch. That and  everything and everyone wanting to rip your head off and use it as a coffee cup. But otherwise she for all intents and purposes is as human as Cordelia is(he he he.)

AS for Blade. Well. He is not a girl. He is not a school girl. He does not have the dark sense of humor buffy has. He does not have the personality Buffy has and he does not have even an ounce of character development ammounts Buffy accumulated.

Posted at

Another question

Obviously he will eventually turn good again, but I am thinking that his "return" will involve him killing someone Elena cares about as midseason3 cliffhanger.

Then we get Elena and Damon angst for how to deal with Stefan, while Stefan is doing whatever Klaus intended him to do.

(anyone who has seen buffy can guess on how it goes and what happens after that).

Now for love interest, I am betting either on Katherine or Caroline(due to obvious Cordelia similarities)

Posted at