Chassandra? Chuck and Alessandra

Yeah, me too. But she was no interested in him but more about his character in the book. But from the Canadian promo, it looks like he'll be hitting on somebody.

Posted at

Dare to Dair?

If you wear shipper goggles, you can see the parallels between the scene and reality because in the scene, she's talking about how she has plans blah blah so she doesn't want to be with Dan but gives in. But in reality, it's still those same plans that she's talking about that Dan's book is threatening. And when you look at all the other portrayals - Chuck, Nate, Rufus and Serena, even if they were exaggerated, underneath it all, it's the truth. Blair as well, her plans interfere with her true feelings but we didn't get to see how she responded to that because it was all about the crappy Blouis relationship. The question will be: How true to life is that scene? Is Dan really the one she's got feelings for or simply is a metaphor?

As for Blair being in denial, yes she is in a sense. She and Dan are close and she said nasty things about his book and writing skills but in reality, she did really care about what he wrote about her. IMO, she chose not to read a nasty portrayal because she would have gotten her feelings hurt because she's unintentionally begun to care about what Dan thinks about her. Now, will this lead to DB or does that mean there will be a romance? On a sensible show, I would say yes. But this is not a sensible show.

Posted at

Dare to Dair?

Ella, I also think they are perfect for each other and can have such a wonderful relationship where they won't be bored in each other's companies even in their 90s. I also think the writers were bored with writing their usual dreck so they decided to have a little fun with DB but never planned on taking in anywhere. I wish they'd just kissed and realized they were better off as friends. I would still have loved watching their scenes and shipped them as an AU couple without getting pissed off like I am now.

And giving Dan feelings is just a way of creating useless, pointless drama. I don't think Dan needs to be in love with her to say that he'll support her no matter what so why this nonsense?

J_Tati, I think they don't have the balls to write a proper love triangle between D/B/C so they give Dan the friendship that can never be explored till they are ready to continue their ridiculous Chair relationship. As someone who disliked them since season 1, I still don't get why the mean comic relief character is a leading man. I think Chuck can be very entertaining with his one liners but he should be nobody's romantic hero.

Posted at

Dare to Dair?

Yes Blair is being very selfish. I will give her a pass because she was caught in the moment and thought she was losing her boring fiance but she needs to reflect on her reaction. Dan has been nothing but a friend to her and supported her so far. He even promised to be there if everything goes to hell. He wrote a fictional book and she doesn't even seem to hate what he wrote but is mad that it created problems in her relationship but hello, that's more about Louis than Dan. Actually, more about her and Louis because she must be doing things to make him suspicious. And Louis doesn't even make sense. He believes she's carrying a child - one who will be heir to their kingdom or whatever - and he wants to end things with her because of something he thinks happened before they were together? Does that even make any sense? It's just so obvious he's a prop and it's a shame that he's taking up so much of the storyline when nobody even cares about it.

I am going to need Blair to reach out to Dan for me to keep shipping them.  I hate how one-sided it looks now.

Posted at

Dare to Dair?

Hi guys. I've been lurking for a few months and decided to join today. I love reading your comments but my thoughts are generally in line with J_Tati's. And once again I agree. I think that kiss was just there to throw Dair fans a bone. When we get one good thing, it's followed by a bad one. Like the first kiss was followed by Blair's epitome that she should be with Chuck. Now, we get a fake kiss and it's followed by Blair reiterating that Dan should be clear that there's no "us" and there's nothing between them... even though Dan never once implied to her that he thought there was more. A very silly line but the writers just added that for drama.

Posted at