17010 posts
Still-love-chuck

Posted at
Sam L. (chair is perfection)
19 posts
Splush

I agree with superchuckfan

its funny because they really all did (though i wouldn't ever put Chuck on a Bart level)

it probably was intended.

Season 1 Episode 1

Pilot

"Chuck Bass: Do you ever feel like our whole lives have been planned out for us? That we're just gonna end up like our parents? Nate Archibald: Man, that's a dark thought."

Posted at
Superchuckfan- WOW THAT'S SCARY. you are so right. Aww Theresa thanks for posting that interview :)
Posted at
All Lurk and No Play
4535 posts
All-lurk-and-no-play
No white noise recap! ............... http://bit.ly/U47P27
Posted at
All Lurk and No Play
4535 posts
All-lurk-and-no-play
Ok, conundrum. Free show of the Lumineers or gg finalist finale ever? Gah.
Posted at
17010 posts
Still-love-chuck

I like your post SuperChuckFan... it could not be more ironic. Wouldn't it be great if the writers addressed that in the last eppy? But I know it's a definite long shot, lol...

Hi Elise!  Hi K!

Posted at
Superchuckfan
39 posts

I have kept wondering about why the writers have transformed Chuck into such a dark character in Season 6.

He is definitely not the same Chuck than in season 4 or specially 5.  And I am not talking only about the spiraling down of the 2 last chapters, this has been a constant from 6x01. Every harsh look, every cold movement seems to be well planned with an intention (for example when he is not able to look at Blair eyes in last chapter, when she appears like the crazy stripper)... he looks so...bitter, so much obsessed, almost insane. Even when we all know how much he loves Blair, he is still cold and hard with her many times,not like in the past.

For me, this is something deliberate, there must be a reason behind. Maybe they are trying to make a parallelism with the psycopath monster that his father is? Maybe is it a way of showing he is controlling himself not to jump on her and ravish...?

But I really hope at some point in the two last chapters we will take to see again the "evolved" sweet at moments, fun, caring for people version of Chuck, maybe starting with the farewell scene on 6x09. We do have to see him before the end.

Posted at
Superchuckfan
39 posts

And I was thinking... why do the writers hate Chuck so much?

Can you remember of any other TV show character (other than the typical action TV show) surviving to so many accidents etc..? The shot in Prague, the car crash, the bike accident, the almost drunk-suicide at the roof-top, the stupid incident with the taxi, now the plane crash...come on!!! HE is Ironman!! He has even survived to the HUGE amount of scotch going though his liver :)!!

Not to mention all the emotional crap he has been though: "Oh, I killed my mother at birth, now my father dies, not wait, my mother is not dead, now I have multiple mothers. Oh, and my father has resurrected. Now my business goes away, now the love of my life leaves, comes, leaves, comes (x1.000). Ok, my father and my mother are such bitches that they rather be dead, oh and my new mum also betrays me, great... and also does my best friend"

Come on writers....What is next, Monkey attacking him and disfiguring his face?!?!

At this point, I dont know if they have loved or hated him as a character, but I am sure that he was a very, very rich and promising character and they didnt know how to handle or make the most of him.

Posted at

elise> ALWAYS LOVED THAT FORESHADOWING!!!! <3

their smiles. <3 HIS SMILE!! <3333333 i love his little smirk-smile! I LOVE IT SO MUCH! it's dead now.

superchuckfan> i absolutely think it was on purpose!! they've been planning this for a while, but i really honestly thought they'd write it so that they all get so close to being exactly like their parents, then one day they're all together (as in the NJBC...not dan. cuz he's not like his father, really.) and they all realize they've become their parents. and then they really think about whether this is who they want to be. and they realize that NO they're not who they want to be. they don't want to be like their parents. and then they all take steps to change and be the people they really want to be. like yea, chuck could keep BI but he shouldn't let it rule his life, like it did bart's. serena should realize that jumping from guy to guy FOREVER isn't such a great life choice because it leads to a whole load of regrets that she knows lily has. she would realize that she needs to be serious and settle down. nate would realize that, um, hello, FRAUD IS BAD AND LEADS TO JAIL. and blair, if they really wanted to make her like old-blair, would realize that fashion design is not her true calling, even if she is good at it. so she would remain CEO of WD but would hire someone else as head designer and she'd just have to give the final approval and shit, but her real career would be something awesome where she could use her talents like....a lawyer or something. idk.

this is what i expected to happen for a LONG time. but now we're at the last two episodes (shit it still hasn't really hit me yet) and yea, they're basically their parents. which sucks. 

Posted at

superchuckfan> oh yea, and even i thought that chuck has been kind of...harsh in the last few eps. it's really unnerving and i HATE that bart has this power over chuck. i hate that chuck lets him have this power! chuck is not supposed to be this dark version of himself anymore. HE FUCKING MATURED. or at least that's what they told us.

and i will never understand why they hate chuck so much. i just don't' get why they give him ALL the overly dramatic SLs. it's really unfair. to him and to the rest of the cast who want to prove that they can handle the melodramatic and the heartbreak. i mean. LEIGHTON MEESTER WOULD KILL IT. totally. hate that they never really give her the chance. 

Posted at

Post a Reply

You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Sign In or Register.

Guest posting is disabled in this forum. If you want to post, please Sign In or Register.

Gossip Girl Quotes

And who am I? That's one secret I'll never tell ... You know you love me. XOXO, Gossip Girl

Gossip Girl

[to Jenny] That's the thing. You need to be cool to be queen. Anne Boleyn thought only with her heart and she got her head chopped off. So her daughter Elizabeth made a vow never to marry a man. She married a country. Forget boys. Keep your eye on the prize, Jenny Humphrey. You can't make people love you, but you can make them fear you. For what it's worth, you're my Queen. I choose you.

Blair