1026 posts
Magnus

Oh crap, I missed this from TWoP - It's from the same comment:

(Got it? Dan = evil; I know I keep pointing this out, but it's easy to miss with this show's penchant for writing subtlety.... seriously, has their ever been another show that is so overwritten that it actually recaps itself??)

But. Blair. Needs. To. Die. Hopefully, Chuck will be saved from the plane crash by using Blair's body as a flotation device, and he'll use one of her stupid headbands to paddle to safety.

Posted at
1026 posts
Magnus

I know this comment (above)  on TWoP is exaggerated  -  I should have copied this one (below) instead and asked my questions,  but the first one was really funny.  :)

"Also, Nate, hypocrite much? Would you be punching Dan if he had published his chapters in the Spectator or clinking champagne glasses with him? And Serena-- way to prove Dan right, as well as the perpetual stereotypes of you, by calling Steven a half-hour after he left. On the other hand-- poor S: she gets fought over by two men, one of whom hates all that she represents (except he doesn't really-- he actually wants to be all that she represents) and the other one who essentially sees her as chattel. Hey, Blair, remember that season or season-and-a-half when you actually outgrew your elitist worldview and came to think people who weren't born with silver spoons were human beings? Yeah,  neither do the writers. By far, the most unintentionally funny thing about this season is that Chuck has been trying to fulfill his all-consuming desire to take down his father... while being bankrolled by his father's money. The ethical line that Lily absolutely won't cross is when someone gets hurt-- except if it involves sending an innocent guy to prison or bribing a nurse to commit perjury to deprive a girl of her legally obtained inheritance and leave her destitute. Nice segueway back to Nate who is feeling-- ohmygosh, I might have to pay legal consequences for crimes for which I'm actually guilty.... So,  the message after six years is what we knew in the beginning-- rich and powerful people expect to get to skate scot-free because they're rich and powerful people.  And the GG worldview endorses this,  unless you're Bart and do something really dastardly like trade horses for oil paintings or something.

The continued, systematic and complete destruction of Dan's character proceeds apace, although, surprisingly, he was at least allowed a minor measure of mitigation by showing scenes where other characters (Rufus, Steven, and Georgina) got into his head."

So once again,  did this happened?

Posted at
3381 posts
Aint-born-typical
No. Dan is a douch but at least he grew a pair. You can say that exposing the dirty loundry of the rich and powerful and using them to do so is an unsavory thing to do; however he is the only one on the show except for Georgina who isn't pathetic. Serena, Blair, Chuck, Nate, Rufus, Lily all are laughable for various reasons. They keep cooking and suffocating in the self made and never depleting pile of bullshit. It would be entertaining if it wasn't utterly boring. Dan is a man on a mission who is actually able to get shit done around there, good or bad. And his storyline is the only thing remotely believable. I wish they dedicated more time to what is in those exposes and less to Chuck's daddy issues.
Posted at
J_Tati
2969 posts
Jtati

@Magnus, everything that you’ve posted from TWoP happened and more… I could add a couple of things about Blair, but the post is perfect as is. 

@First Aid Kit, I agree that Dan's SL could be a positive except that they are telling us that he wants to be heartless like Bart.

Posted at
1109 posts
Ritam24
@ God. Why in the world did we ever watch this show. I can't believe I used to like Dair..coz now each time Blair comes on screen I just want to slap her. She irritates me so much, her hair bands, her annoying child like voice. Her attitude, her desperation for Chuck...God I hate her more than the personality less Elena on TVD. Lol. As for Dan... Even if he's a villian or whatever Evil incarnation he is, atleast he's somewhat interesting than all the other lame people on the show. Maybe Bart will leave everything to Dan and Chuck can keep crying and Dan n Georgina can walk off in the sunset, laughing all the way to the bank. That can actually be true, since they have reversed Dan n Chuck's characters, so maybe Dan will end up with crazy money and Chuck with a family and his NjBC friends and a gf he can trade any time. Lol.
Posted at
1026 posts
Magnus

@Jay   Christ, there's more than that travesty I posted?  -  But the funny thing is that I'm not even surprised about that  -  I wonder why? (that was sarcasm)

The postings on every episode in TWoP and the utterly record low ratings speaks volumes of this monstrosity or shame for a show.  They did the mother of all F-ups writing and airing that 5x24 episode and alienated 1/3 of the viewers,  and the funny part is that I truly gloating at their total failure.

Why the hell did they take this approach when it was clear as day that S6 would be the last?!  -  But why bother.  

I wonder which one will be the first that will openly criticize what went down this final season?  -   My money is on Penn,  but hoping that Leighton will do it because her character  "Blair Waldorf"  is the weakest pathetic annoying immature character that ever graced a television show.  That's my interpretation after I've read about all the episodes and comments on TWoP,  and some authors note in fanfiction.

Side note:  Snow storm tomorrow - YAY

Posted at
1026 posts
Magnus

Damn it,  I forgot to mention that I'm hoping that Tina or Jay will post a link when someone will openly criticize the show  -  Because you two seem to find the good stuff :) But I assume that won't happen until the last episode is aired.

Posted at
3309 posts
Dairblairtruelove

Magnus you are really right! But I think the first thing we can see is how much the actors aren't 'into it' anymore. I really feel like they aren't doing their best anymore...In fact I think their acting sucks this season. I mean I know they want to move on from this, but at the same time they should feel emotional that their adventure is ending and I just don't feel that right now. 

Posted at
1535 posts
Tinatrina

lol. Magnus, Leighton has been telling everyone who listens how happy she is the show is over and in some of her interviews before the show was over, she talked about how it wasn't challenging any more, how the show panders to the viewers, it was everybody else's happy ending and all that. Here's something from her latest interview

And Penn was also critical (and got attacked viciously by Chuckistans) saying he didn't like how Dair ended and other stuff. Matt said he wished there was more collaboration and that Rufus was OOC, Chace said he lost his dignity in Season 2. Even Kelly recently made a dig about bad writing. The only person who hasn't really said anything negative is Ed and we can all guess why. I feel they won't really be saying much because everyone has alreaady moved on with their lives. They'll have the interviews with the cast and crew that airs before the finale but that's done for the production so it should be full of lies and ass kissing. 

Posted at
1535 posts
Tinatrina

Juliette, Chace said that everyone was falling asleep during the Thanksgiving episode and everyone was just ready for it to end. Leighton kept stressing that over and over. Same with Penn. They all just wanted it to end and you can't blame them. The writers didn't give them anything inspiring. Have you seen all the photos of Leighton between takes? She looked so miserable and I think she and Ed had a falling out because they looked so cold and there's the awful BTS of the filming of Chuck and Blair by the plane and Leighton was very cold and ignored him the entire time. 

Posted at

Post a Reply

You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Sign In or Register.

Guest posting is disabled in this forum. If you want to post, please Sign In or Register.

Gossip Girl Quotes

And who am I? That's one secret I'll never tell ... You know you love me. XOXO, Gossip Girl

Gossip Girl

Blair: Fashion is the most powerful art there is. It's movement, design and architecture all in one. It shows the world who we are and who we'd like to be. Just like your scarf suggests that you'd like to sell used cars.
Dan: Vanessa gave me this scarf.

x Close Ad