Chris (undeclared)
2404 posts
Undeclared

I'd laugh, but the fact that the writers so evidently threw  this slop of a finale together at the figurative last minute, with no prior intention of revealing GG/having Dan be GG is pretty pathetic. What will Chuckistan do with all of their spare time now? Ha.

Posted at
J_Tati
2969 posts
Jtati

The episode hasn’t aired yet on the West Coast but doesn’t Dan being GG contradict several episodes? Wasn’t GG the one who told Chuck about Dan sending the video at the Blouis wedding? How about the pregnancy test that Serena bought for Blair? Was Dan GG during all these 6 seasons?

Posted at
Chris (undeclared)
2404 posts
Undeclared

Jay -- of course it contradicts episodes, makes zero sense, etc. Nonsensical narrative is Savage's forte, and lord knows she would do anything that would put the proverbial icing on the cake of Chuck. However, I find it amusing that they decided at the last minute to make Dan Gossip Girl. After all, that means that the "NJBC" was nothing without him and Chuck and Blair were trolled by the "outsider".

Posted at
J_Tati
2969 posts
Jtati

Chris, I don’t think that Savage realized that implication; she was probably simply thinking about the most outrageous OMG moment that would also "put the proverbial icing on the cake of Chuck" as you stated it.

Posted at
Chris (undeclared)
2404 posts
Undeclared

I don't think she did either, because she hates Dan, but whether she likes it or not, it's the truth. My favorite part of the season/finale was Chuckles and Blah pretty much solving all of their problems off-screen before becoming the perfect "Leave It To Beaver"-esque family. They should have just ended the show after S2 and had a Chair spin-off, which obviously would have been canceled after a handful of episodes because no one but Chuckistan would watch it. 

Posted at
J_Tati
2969 posts
Jtati

Well, isn’t that what they did in practical term, the Chuck-owns-Blair show stretched over 6 seasons with a lot of fillers, including one that accidentally worked very well?

Posted at
Chris (undeclared)
2404 posts
Undeclared

Unfortunately they suckered people in with Dair. Bet you there wouldn't have even been a 6th season had they not gone down that road. 

Posted at
J_Tati
2969 posts
Jtati

Oh absolutely! They’ve milked that shipper war as best they could which meant a disaster and without it, the show would have been cancelled.

Posted at
Chris (undeclared)
2404 posts
Undeclared

Too bad they "daired"; we would have gained our precious hour back on Monday nights and GG would have been dead and gone a year ago! Haha. Really though, we've had some great discussions, not all for naught. This thread is where people who weren't watching the show through blinders could have a figurative seat and talk about GG in a rational manner. 

RE: Dan as GG, though... I can't reconcile Dan/GG with being the same Dan that has grown as a character over the past several years, even though abysmal, goddawful canon is telling me to. Yeah, he trolled the entire NJBC, and more importantly, Chair, but it still seemed to outright contradict who Dan was at his core, who the writers was showing us  from the beginning: a judgmental, but honest and caring guy that just wanted to do the right thing.

The gaping plot holes indicate that this wasn't planned early on, and if there plausible explanations for all of the contradictions, I might be more reticient to the Dan/GG idea, but alas... this basically comes down to an embarrassing display of pandering. Not that we didn't expect this to happen, but wow, they really have zero shame. I'm not even joking when I say that the writers and producers should be ashamed of the final product.

Posted at
2093 posts
Snooker83
So Dan asked himself in season four where Juliet was? He leaked the whole Chuck kiss at the Louis marriage to himself. Erm. How strangely fitting that these morons of writers ( and there really isn't another term that will do) ended the series with the mother of all plotholes and character inconcistencies.
Posted at

Post a Reply

You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Sign In or Register.

Guest posting is disabled in this forum. If you want to post, please Sign In or Register.

Gossip Girl Quotes

And who am I? That's one secret I'll never tell ... You know you love me. XOXO, Gossip Girl

Gossip Girl

[to Jenny] That's the thing. You need to be cool to be queen. Anne Boleyn thought only with her heart and she got her head chopped off. So her daughter Elizabeth made a vow never to marry a man. She married a country. Forget boys. Keep your eye on the prize, Jenny Humphrey. You can't make people love you, but you can make them fear you. For what it's worth, you're my Queen. I choose you.

Blair
x Close Ad