3492 posts
Justanothergirl

Chuck and Blair are too similar to have a long lasting relationship. They are both on fire.

Well Chuck just to be on fire until he became this old man. I think they are a good team but their love is too forced and they seem to always run away from each other because they are affraid of the fire.

Chuck and Blair are similar and that's why they understand each other better than anyone else could. I understood why they were running away from this intense love in s2, because it's frightening to love someone so deeply. In s3 I wanted both Chuck and Blair to grow up, to make their relationship work and to find out for themselves who they want to be and what they want to do with their lives but instead the writers ruined Blair's character, they turned her into someone without any ambitions besides being "queen of NYU" and later "princess of Monaco" and they turned Chuck into an old man.

Nate on the other hand could be good for Blair, he has grown as a character and his supstance abuse lately is minimal hhahah.

Haha

I don't think that Nate could handle someone like Blair Waldorf, because he never understood her scheming and why she did the things she did. Nate is an honest guy, he needs someone who isn't as manipulative as Blair.

I believe they were really in love once, but then came Chuck and it became Blair's obsession instead of love. Don't get me wrong I adore Chuck, I just don't think they really bring the best of each other out, I love them seperated more then as a couple and I just to ship them really hard.

Chuck and Blair's love is an amour fou, so they can bring out the best and the worst out of each other. It's not the typical boy-meets-girl story, it isn't light, it is something entirely new on a teen show, there was never a dark couple as a main lovestory in a TV show before and that's why I started shipping them. They were and still are unique.

I love watching couples like this onscreen because they are complex and interesting to watch if the writers write them well. The problem with GG is that the writers never allowed the characters to grow up, to accept the intensity of their love for each other, to face the issues in their relationship and to fix them. Instead the writers continued this will-they-won't-they sl, they repeated Blair's princess sl from s2 again in s5 and they repeated Chuck's family issues to keep CB apart. For some reason the writers believed that the people were only interested in the drama around their relationship and that the viewers weren't interested in seeing CB making their relationship work. Besides the writers wanted to create OMG moments which would shock the audience and create buzz for the show. The writers destroyed characters in order to make the storylines or couples happen that they wanted to see. The show became a plot driven show and it ruined almost everything that I once loved about it.

But Nate deserves someone who will love him back, and I'm affraid it's not Blair.

I agree with that. Personally I'm okay with Nenny as endgame if Jenny is more mature in the flashforward and if she isn't the same Jenny who left NYC at the end of s3. I just don't want him to end up with a guest star.

you guys should really read the books, they are awesome. They have no filter like in the show, they smoke, they drink, they curse.. I love the books :)

well there is no real endgame in the books, but Nate is the main male character and Chuck just has a smaller role in them..

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check them out even if there is only a little bit of CB in one of the books;)       Eventhough he has an much more interesting family backround then for example Blair or Dan. I'm glad he finally got a job, but I would rather liked it if he stayed at Columbia and became the only one from the group with an actuall college degree just so he could show that he is more to him then a hot looking guy.  

There was potential for his character. I don't understand why they turned Nate into a guest star. Chace is not the best actor on the show, but he did a good job and he deserved better storylines than the ones he got.

Posted at
351 posts
Ava-mila

I think you have some good points @just a girl

I remember when I watched S1&2 I became obsessed with the CB dynamic, they had such amazing chemistry because they were both such complex characters, both in the shadow of somebody else (Blair-Serena, Chuck-Bart) both evil at times but with a trully good heart, and it was great to see that part of their journey.

Then came s3 and Chuck completly changed. The hotel storyline was just too much for me and I really hated him because I really shipped them hard together.

With s4 Chuck got better but Blair went to worse, so much that I started to hate her in s5, she was unberable with her selfish and childish behavior.

And now I'm just confused why the hell they waited so much to get together again, I understand you have to grow up and achieve some thing as an individual but after so much that has happened to them, I don't get why they can't do that together.

in the top 5 favorite GG scenes ever!!

Posted at
3492 posts
Justanothergirl

I love that scene. "Define like" Chuck is so vulnerable in that scene. He doesn't want to admit that he is in love with her, and then he does admit it, because he can't hide his feelings. But she rejects him, because she is convinced that Nate will come back to her, so he downplays his feelings, he acts as if it's nothing. And then the scene where he gives her the Erickson Beamon necklace, that was magical. Chuck was so sweet.

I understand you, I hated Chuck at the end of s3. I didn't know if I could continue shipping them after the IP and back then I wanted her to stay away from him and I wanted Blair to have a career and success and to try to have a relationship with someone other than Chuck.

And at the beginning of s4 I hoped that I would get that, the episodes in Paris are my favourites in s4. The CB scenes in 4x02 showed me that despite everything that's happened between them, I still wanted them to be together. But I wanted them to talk about what's happened at the end of s3, to analyse why this happened and then to try to rebuild their relationship.

But once again the writers didn't do it, instead the writers build up Dair and Blouis and CB only barely interacted and then in the season finale they let each other go once again. And after that the writers invented one ridiculous reason after another to keep CB apart including a pact with God(!).Besides they turned Blair into a helpless damsel in distress in s5, she had nothing in common with the Blair we all knew and loved from s1 and s2.

GG has become a bad soap opera, I'm almost ashamed that I still watch it. But GG used to be so good in s1 and s2 and I kept watching because I thought it would get better. I'm glad that this show ends on Monday.

Posted at

ITA about CB. I'm sticking it out because I loved them in the first 2 seasons so much but since s3 Blair has been weak and annoying and Chuck has been a serious old man. I hate it and if I hadn't loved them so much at first, I wouldn't still be shipping them. In s3-6 they haven't been even close to having the dynamic I was so obsessed with in s2. :(

Posted at
351 posts
Ava-mila

I'm sceptical with their happy ending though. Just can't imagine them being married and having a kid and everything is just fine.. That's just not in there for Chuck and Blair.

Maybe Chuck will be in prison for a few years and when he gets out he will meet Henry.. Maybe he will take the fault for Nate too..

Posted at

interesting theory betty! I can soooo see that happening, but I don't want anyone to suffer anymore. I can see CB married with kids, but the writers won't be able to write it well. I could see them as a couple, but they were extremely boring in s3 because the writers didn't know what to do with them. And I'm worried they'll screw up the finale too, but we'll see...

And wow Dede I feel the same exact way about this show. I hated Chuck after the IP and wanted Blair to move on...but that train station scene and their scenes at the beginning of season 4 made me root for CB again. And then I hated the second half of s4 and absolutely loathed Blair throughout season 5. These aren't the real Chuck and Blair. They're so badly written and the whole show is so badly written that I'm so happy it's ending. I just hope the finale is good (or at least not horrible) and then we can move on. I wish the show ended with 2x25.

Posted at

Posted at
3492 posts
Justanothergirl

I'm sceptical with their happy ending though.

Interesting theory, but I don't think that Chuck or Nate will go to jail. They are both rich, they can afford the best lawyers in the US. What Chuck did was wrong, but a judge would consider the circumstances, what Bart did, that he tried to kill Chuck, everyone would testify in favour of Chuck, the police would probaby start to investigate if Bart is responsible for Bruce Caplan's death etc. Maybe Chuck's lawyers would make a deal with the chief prosecutor, trading information that Chuck has against a mild sentence for Chuck, so I don't think that Chuck will go to prison or if he does then not for long. As for Nate, I don't think that he'll go to jail, because this is GG, storylines don't have to make sense.

As for the plot twist, maybe everyone will get their happy ending. This would be something new, as I don't think that there was a season finale, which ended with everyone being happy;) I'm joking, the GGwriters will find a way to ruin the finale for me, they always do, I just don't want to think about it right now.

Posted at
351 posts
Ava-mila

They are both rich, they can afford the best lawyers in the US.

You're probably right. I just can't get rid of the feeling that the twist has something to do with Chuck and jail is the better option then death. Because Ed said  that he could never imagine Chair living a normal life and that maybe Chuck will die on the way to his wedding with Blair or something like that. I don't know, more polarasing then Dair could only be a big shocker which many people will love and even more will hate, just like with Dair.       awww the scene with the heart on the sleeve.. so sweet  
Posted at
351 posts
Ava-mila

Posted at

Post a Reply

You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Sign In or Register.

Guest posting is disabled in this forum. If you want to post, please Sign In or Register.

Gossip Girl Quotes

And who am I? That's one secret I'll never tell ... You know you love me. XOXO, Gossip Girl

Gossip Girl

[to Jenny] That's the thing. You need to be cool to be queen. Anne Boleyn thought only with her heart and she got her head chopped off. So her daughter Elizabeth made a vow never to marry a man. She married a country. Forget boys. Keep your eye on the prize, Jenny Humphrey. You can't make people love you, but you can make them fear you. For what it's worth, you're my Queen. I choose you.

Blair
x Close Ad