17072 posts
Martinayaya

We’ve just received information exclusively from the Gossip Girl Writers that Episode 5.03 will be titled “The Jewel of Denial,” after one of my favorite movies, THE JEWEL OF THE NILE (I’m a sucker for Michael Douglas pre-Catherine Zeta-Jones).

The Jewel of the Nile takes up where Romancing the Stone left off, with romance novelist Joan Wilder (Kathleen Turner) traveling around the world with her boyfriend, Jack Colton (Michael Douglas). But Joan is becoming bored with Jack and all the romantic attention; as she asks, “How much romance can one woman take?” Invited by Omar (Spiros Focas), a wealthy Arabian potentate, to travel with him to his homeland, Joan readily accepts. Jack decides to pass on the trip, preferring instead to sail through the Mediterranean. It turns out that Omar wants to usurp the role of an Arab holy man known as “The Jewel of the Nile” (Avner Eisenberg), and Joan finds herself thrown in prison with the hapless spiritual leader. Jack comes to the rescue, teaming up with the slapstick bad guy from Romancing the Stone, Ralph (Danny DeVito). Together, the foursome have to cross North Africa in order to escape Omar’s minions.

Could this mean Blair just might be bored with her Prince? Will she go on a trip and end up in prison? Or does this storyline have absolutely nothing to do with Blair (it’s not The Blair Show, after all) and perhaps Serena, Dan, Nate or even Chuck will become bored with their current lives?!?! Hey, it’s Gossip Girl. It’s anyone’s guess. Let the speculating begin. XOXO.

Posted at
17072 posts
Martinayaya

As for me, I'm hoping for a NJBC reunion.

Miss them so much.

Posted at
Chris (undeclared)
2404 posts
Undeclared

b getting bored with louis is for sure possible, but isn't louis' sister coming to try to fuck up their engagement? seems to me blair would cave into the sabotage easily just to get out of the wedding if that were the case. still, i think if the title's in reference to someone's romantic situation, it would def be blair's (since her position with louis is most illustrative of the movie pairing's dynamic).

it might also not have anything to do with the movie at all, but rather the writer's intentional play on "the nile" (denial)... could be dair-related or any other character.

Posted at
2093 posts
Snooker83

More importantly will Chuck be filling Danny Devito's shoes ?

Seriously though I think it's kind of depressing that the denial seems to point to Blair really being the one who is pregnant. Regardless of shipper issues I really think having one of the 21/22 year old characters end up pregnant will screw up the narrative of the show.

Posted at
2093 posts
Snooker83

Oh and also :'Sufi's rule!'.

Loved that movie.

Posted at
J_Tati
2969 posts
Jtati

Regardless of shipper issues I really think having one of the 21/22 year old characters end up pregnant will screw up the narrative of the show.

What is the current narrative of the show as seen by the producers?

Posted at
112 posts
Saturday-night-living

Ah, if only it were the Blair Show.

Posted at
2093 posts
Snooker83

Good question J_tati. Considering the producers have not put an end to the endless reiterations of Chair I would think they are quite happy to use the baby SL as yet another road back to Chair.

Thing is though what comes after? Is the baby magically forgotten like Jenny or do they have to find new ways to add drama. Cue  more over the top drama infusions like the hotel SL that was a bridge too far for your average GG viewer when it came to the Chair SL.

Posted at
J_Tati
2969 posts
Jtati

Cue  more over the top drama infusions like the hotel SL that was a bridge too far for your average GG viewer when it came to the Chair SL.

As far as I’m concerned, “The Jewel of Denial” stands for the producer’s denial of what the hotel and broken glass SL’s really mean.

Posted at
51 posts
Dair3

@undeclared, your icon is TO DIE FOR...

Posted at

Post a Reply

You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Sign In or Register.

Guest posting is disabled in this forum. If you want to post, please Sign In or Register.

Gossip Girl Quotes

And who am I? That's one secret I'll never tell ... You know you love me. XOXO, Gossip Girl

Gossip Girl

[to Jenny] That's the thing. You need to be cool to be queen. Anne Boleyn thought only with her heart and she got her head chopped off. So her daughter Elizabeth made a vow never to marry a man. She married a country. Forget boys. Keep your eye on the prize, Jenny Humphrey. You can't make people love you, but you can make them fear you. For what it's worth, you're my Queen. I choose you.

Blair
x Close Ad