Best Villains in the Heroes Universe
Linderman- Smart, arrogant, controlling and he was just a cool dude.
Adam Monroe- Had background and reason, smart and manipulative
Sylar-Like it or not, hes just mental. Even S1, I think that he believed he was a hero. He was trying to be powerful to make some sort of impact. Although his motivation and purpose gets derailed, once he thinks he has direction, he goes full blown in that direction no matter who gets in the way.I just dont like him this season.
My absolute fav was Niki. Her super power and split personality made her a serious danger to anyone and everyone at any time. She would turn out of no where. Tracy is stupid, but Niki was somebody, or somebodies. Waking up after a blood bath and not knowing was awesome.Posted 2/21/2010 1:00:00 AM #
Adam Monroe all the way! Still waiting for him to come back somehow and give Peter his scar. If Hiro went back in time and saved Adam from Arthur, that would have undid about 80% of where Heroes as a series went wrong for me.Posted 2/25/2010 12:39:15 PM #
Do you strongly beleive that its Adam that gives Peter his scar though LEland. Arthur was a major shitmaker to the show but honestly I raelly like Robert Forester as an actor and he just couldve been written sooo much better.Posted 2/25/2010 4:10:31 PM #
I agree that Sylar would have made a much greater impact if he died at the end of season one.
Adam, Linderman and Season 1 Sylar are my faves but I think so many other villains were totally ruined. Like Arthur, and also the Level 5 escapees. Knox and Flint seemed real imposing when they first showed up in their gang but then half the gang was obliterated before it could make any impact, and Knox and Flint made pretty much no impact at all. But they could have been great villains.Posted 3/1/2010 8:40:30 AM #
The tough part about this thread is that the best villains didn't last long -- or their characters were warped by the writers/producers to completely eliminate their coolness and bad assedness. That, and the more I think about it, the more all the good villains were in S1, with weak attempts to get back to the same level ever since.
My personal opinion is Primatech is the best bad guy to ever appear on Heroes. It was a faceless enemy many of the characters didn't even realize they had, and its personification — in the form of HRG< Thomson and their minions, were excellent. I still think of S1 HRG as one of the best bad guys -- mysterious, cunning and ruthless. It was a great combo. Add Thomson to the mix, remember how Eve used people to meet the needs of the company, how the Haitian's power was used. It was an excellent "bad" organization the likes of which we haven't seen since S1. They tried again with Arthur Petrelli, but failed miserably. He was ruthless, but he and his group lacked the cunning and the mystery.
S1 Sylar used the same formula of mystery-cunning-ruthless very effectively. Allowing the character to survive Kirby Plaza was the first great mistake of the show.
Samuel could have been great, and was well on his way when he destroyed that poiice station. But he and his carnival were ruined by crappy storytelling. A shame, that.
Baron Samedi was good, and that he was connected to The Haitian was a great plot point. But a great villain needs to be around for more than three episodes to have a true impact. Just another example of not knowing what they have.
Adam could have been an all-time great, but again was wrecked by the combination of the writer's strike and crappy writing. He had the motivation, the powers, the plan -- all to be turned to dust with the simple touch of a hand. Dumb, dumb, dumb.Posted 3/2/2010 2:43:05 PM #
And thinking of this gives me a good idea for S5, which I'll post elsewhere ....Posted 3/2/2010 2:46:07 PM #
Kal15 you are soo right that so many of the best villains didnt even get their full chance to shine. Truely the only one that had a remote chance was season 1 Sylar because they went deep into his story and plot of Hero domination. What I dont understand is that how do you come up with a Villain start them up great in introduction but then ruin everything right after that. For example, Arthur starts out total Bad ass by instantly killing Adam Monroe only to say I want to give powers to the US army. Hello wahts so diabolical about that? Samuel, I broke up with my girlfriend so I hate everyone. Stupid I say. Adam atleast had some background and depth that why he is memorable because he was Hiros TRUE arch nemesis.Posted 3/5/2010 1:56:17 PM #
Okay, well I'm not really waiting for Adam to come back and give Peter his scar. That's just what I would like to see happen. Adam's legacy permanently etched on Peter's face.
You would think there would be a rule against killing a 400 year sword master that has history or is in some way connecty to nearly of the major characters in the series.Posted 3/6/2010 9:19:25 PM #
1) Linderman - everybody talks about how mysterious Sylar was in season 1. We didn't see Linderman until half way through the season. And he was making people do his work for him.
2) Adam - you don't need to have powerful abilities like Sylar to be dangerous. You just need to be smart like Adam was. Adam was the most dangerous of them all. He almost wiped out 93% of the worlds population.
3) Arthur - He was like a mob boss with a powerful ability need I say more.
4) Jessica - Did a lot of screwed up stuff in season 1. Killed many people by tearing them apart, had sex with Nathan, killed the undercover FBI guys, tried killing her husband with a sniper rifle, had awesome run in with Matt and knocked him throught the window.
5) Bob Bishop - Ruthless, horrible father and will stop at nothing to get what he wants. I like how he would give Suresh a gun and tell him its better to be prepared.
6) Thompson - You don't have to have an ability to be a villian.
7) Sylar - Great in season 1, Season 2 what I don't get if he had no abilities. Then he would have no hunger for them. Remember Season 3 eclipse episode. He's say to Elle it feels good to be normal. Season 3 I think he pissed off most of the viewers by killing Bob, Arthur, Elle and Nathan. You know what would be interesting, if he comes across someone more powerful then him and he try's taking his ability from him or her. But ends up getting his ass kicked. That should of been Arthur that kicked his ass.Posted 4/8/2010 5:09:57 PM #
Forum is closed.