Where do you think the show went all wrong?
Im my opinion it went wrong in season 3. That's were I think most of the fans gave up on the show.
1) The killing off of characters is way to easy. Adam, Arthur, Sam, Maury and Bob (all got killed on season 3). These guys had the potentail to be good to great villians on the show. These writers need to see some sopranos seasons, they never killed off people so quickly. They would wait to the very end to kill off the main character thats going against Tony. And every once in a while they would kill off a main character like Big pussy, Adriana and Chris. Welcome to Heroes you be playing Adam and your Dead! Can I get a line in? NO your dead! Can I put up a fight at least? no you turn to dust, Sorry. lol
2) Nathan Becoming a bad guy. This did not sit well with me at all. Especially after the touching moment Peter and Nathan had at the end of season 1. He should of stayed a good guy that would fight to keep his people a secret and they didn't need to kill him off. He had a great angle in the show being involved in politics.
3) Heroes losing there abilities. Enough said, bad idea. Did superman ever lose his abilites. Only when he became human on purpose.
4) Lets keep Suresh without powers. Can somebody besides Noah be a regular human. Suresh was the voice of reason. He needed to stay that way.
5) I don't know where this came from. But I've heard or might of read that you can't change the future if you go back in time. Because in some way it's going to happen anyway. Let me think for a second. The whole reason why Manhattan was saved is because future Hiro went back in time to deliver a message to Peter. Save the cheerleader save the world. Then present Hiro went into the future and based on what he learned about Ando. He was able to save him by teleporting him back to his office. Time travel is good if its used wisely and if it makes sense to go back and change it. Manhattan blowing up good reason. They can make a whole season on Peter trying to change the past and he keeps coming up short until the very end. That would be cool to watch. Well if I was him i wouldn't like the way things have turned out! So If I was him I would try to save my brother. But lets find away to get Peter's powers back so he can do it.
6) Niki, DL and Micah. They shouldn't have killed off Micahs mon and dad! Do these writers have a heart? And to bring back Niki as Tracey was kind of lame. I liked her as the she hulk.
7) Finish and don't cut short possible interesting storylines. I'm beginning to think these writers have A.D.D.! I'm not going into the plot holes, you all know them.
8) I love Sylar, i think he was a great villian. But after a while I would like to see some type of growth as an evil villian. He's got know purpose besides being hungry for abilities. All the other bad guy's that got killed off had a plan and a purpose. Now I love Sylar and what he does with cutting off the head thing is cool and all. And some you fans like it a little to much which is scare. lol But it was time for him to change. I'm not talking about making him a total good guy. like for instant if some one's a bad guy let him punish him by taking his ability by cutting his head and if someone is good let him use empathy. And I know a lot of people like Sylar the way he is. But him being the same old predictable person was keeping the 10 million viewers that left interested.
9)Now for Elle, she had an awesome ability and good background to get into. The relationship she had with Claire made Claire more interesting. Her Character was growing on me. I felt bad the way her father treated her, that she never went to a carnival, on a date and was tested on since the age of 7. And you have to admit her and Sylar were a good match together. Every other romance on the show did nothing for me. And this show does have a lot of love involved in it. So don't tell me it's not that type of show. They could of been an awesome good/bad board line couple. But for Sylar to kill her made no sense whats so ever. I don't know about you but having abilities must be great. But I take sex over cutting someones head for no reason. And remember his statement from the 1st season. I don't know if I can kill millions. I only kill to get abilities. Now the writers reasoning is that she was only to appear in 13 episodes. I'm starting to wonder if Tim and his writers watch the show. Because then they would of saw the chemistry between them. It would make you think. Hmmmm.... we may have something here. Open your check book and sign her on as regular and get rid of some dead weight! Oh I forgot, Welcome to the cast of Heroes Kristen you being playing the part of Elle and your Dead. lol
There's alot of other things I could of wrote. But I feel these were the major factors in the lose of viewers. Hey the ratings don't lie. I do love this show and I hope it makes a huge comeback next season.
I think it all went wrong in series 2.
They didn't with finish the characters from series 1.
What happened to the copycat girl for instance. That kinda fizzled out! mind you Peter might like her ability?
The Hiro in ancient Japan was long winded.
Where is Peters Irish Girlfriend?
Too many questions and they keep moving on leaving too many gaps.
I loved this programme and onow they are ruining it!
They must keep Peter and Hiro at allcosts.
The rest can go!
I agree with you about Series 2 is when a lot of the plot holes developed. But season 3 would of been the make or break season for the viewers to still watch the show or comeback. I think people were willing to give it a second chance with season 3. And when you add all the things I mentioned about season 3. That would be enough for most people to stop watching. Beside me and the hardcore fans. And just think about some of the potential that was thrown away by killing all these characters off in season 3 Adam, Arthur, Sam, Maury, Elle and Bob. As a writer how could you let all these talented actors go and not sign some on as regulars for at least 1 to 2 seasons.
@ save Heroes
Your right people did stop watching after season three.
1) right again. the biggest boo-boo was killing off adam. for me he was the best villain so far. losing bob, elle and the non-development of arthur was BULLSHIT. arthur should have been developed over a couple of seasons-getting gradually more powerful and more evil as he got more power. his purpose was BULLSHIT-building the government army up with super-heroes???
2) right again. the political element of nathan held so much potential for making the show plausable, even though its based on super powers. after season 2 he should have been good, good, good. and going to the government after the touching scene at the end of season 1 was BULLSHIT.
3) right again. messing with powers is unforgivable. evolution is fine, but outright swapping and changing-giving and taking away is pathetic. if a character gets too powerful and railroads potential storylines...kill them off.
4) right again. suresh was the scentific element. he should have stayed that way.
5) ok. that one was a little confusing, but i think you meant this.....if your gonna have time travel in a show like heroes you develop a basis or theory and you stick to it or you get rid for good. it confuses the viewers and evidently the writers if guidelines are not followed-their own guidelines btw. its just lazy writing imo
6) i dont agree. they were secondary characters waiting to die. micah has potential, or at least his power does. i think the show is waiting for the actor to mature slightly then they can let fly with his character. again imo
7) right again. they tend to start a story and it either a) fizzes out. b) gets forgotten or c) ends lamely.......your right about the plot holes too (caitin)
8) dont agree. i like sylar, but he should have died at the end of season 1. however, i'm willing to see how 'good' sylar pans out....but if it starts getting daft-kill him off.
9) right again. i liked elle. conflicted, powerful, and she brought the best out of fellow characters.
well 6 and a half out of 9 isnt bad:) imo that is;)
I agree with you on the time travel. But I think the time ttravel is what makes this how more interesting. They just got to use it like they did in season 1. And who's to say since Hiro came from the future in season 1. That this show is even in the present.
Niki, DL and Micah. I do agree there characters were no longer needed. They should of just ended their stories instead of killing them. Just because at the end of season 1. You seem them walking away together. Just let them have a happy ending at least. Can one family stick together. lol
As for Sylar suriving a sword right through him beats me. But don't you think he's done to much bad for him to turn good now. I feel they miss that chance in season 3.
Interesting topic, with obviously more than one answer.
My simple response is the writer's strike that prematurely ended S2. It forced a hurried end to a potentially good storyline and altered the direction the show was going to go. However, I fail to understand why the writers/producers/creators chose to go in a different direction. When the strike ended, Heroes could very well have picked up where they wanted it to go: that is the virus being released and, as a parallel storyline, Sylar back on the rampage after getting his powers back.
That was the first place where the show started to lose people.
It was a nice attempt at a save to introduce Arthur, but he was completely underutilized, and I will forever hold a grudge against him for killing off Adam and being the tool they used to rob people of their powers. I would hazard a guess, judging by comments on this forum over the years, that the biggest gripe fans of the show have is they took an intriguing character like Peter and then took away all that made him intriguing. Peter and Sylar were the perfect foils for each other -- this show's version of Superman-Luthor or Batman-Joker -- and when the show lost that, it lost a lot of people. To make matters worse, they flirted with the idea that they were family, and then went ahead and made them allies even though Sylar killed Peter's brother. That is, in my opinion, the biggest blunder this show has made.
I didn't mind the idea of making Nathan the bad guy. I found it rather intriguing, and felt the show was getting back on track. What screwed it up was Sylar waffling between good and bad. The character was at its best as a mysterious bad guy in the shadows, and the show has lacked that element since S1.
Samuel was another wasted opportunity. This last season was humming along nicely -- until they hit the Christmas break. The story got real weak after Christmas, and they essentially ruined the Samuel character by making him a jilted lover. Puh-Leeze.
I agree season 3 was the make or break season. Their's a lot flaws to write about in season 3 and you even left out the painter in Africa. He paints Matts future with Daphne and them having a baby. She get's killed! Huh And the painter paints hiro trying to come back and get the jump on him. But he painted it and hits him with the shovel again. But the painter doesn't paint Arthur coming to kill him? Even Issac painted his own death! I think all of us Hero fans willl agree when I say this. Lets have some consistency please!
I agree with you John and Save Heroes. They need to have consistency. Like for instants, how about the end of season 3. It was one of the better episodes. But it was extremely flawed. You have Nathan laying on the couch dead and Sylar right beside him. You have Noah, Angela and Matt in the room. Not one of them comes up with the brillant idea of giving Nathan Claires blood to bring him back to life and then getting the Haitian to wipe out Sylars memories. And bring him back to the point that he was Gabriel and Noah could of tagged him to keep an eye on him. But the funny thing is that Noah was saved by claires blood and brought back to life after a gun shot to the head! And this idea never occurs to him at all in that hotel room! Better yet Nathan was saved before by Adams blood and as we go into season 4. When Peter finds out that nathans dead and knows where his body is. It never occured to him to give Claires bood to the real Nathan. Knowing what Adams blood did for nathan in season 2. I'm telling myself as Peter's crying when he holding onto Nathan. Why doesn't he just get claires blood to save the Real Nathan, I don't get it. Over and over I'm telling myself this. These writers must think were real stupid not to pick up on the flaws
The story doesn't make any sense. Everyone do the last thing he should do in the world. They do something because the story needed but not because of character's personality and desire. There are like more than 20 examples of horrible actions.
I mean they have good acting skill but the script is just very badly written. I've been following all the epsodes but Season 4 is one of the worst TV series ever seen..
This forum is closed for new posts