Thursdays 8:00 PM on CW
The-vampire-diaries
Patri
742 posts

JM is definitly cocky. But lets face it, he could get chemistry going with a tree.Idk, he always comes off modest and rather self-conscious in interviews, I never thought he was cocky at all. Unless he too started talking about what a hot guy and good actor he is as (lol Ian, I'm still facepalming). Also, I'll have to disagree about the chemistry thing. JM's chem with PT was painfully forced, and tbh I don't think any actor can have chemistry with all things breathing. People sometimes say that about Candice too but then Steroline at the prom happened and it was awkward as fuck. I think Klaus/Camille may not offend people as much as Klaus/Hayley but tolerating it because it's better than the alternative isn't the same thing as rooting for it.

Tbh I'm expecting Klaus to have better sexual chemistry with his sister than those chicks. lmao

Posted at
Patri
742 posts

Phoebe playing Hayley=Pleccy writing Hayley and Rebekah as bffs because the actresses are bffs in real life. That's how Pleccy rolls.

Also, I fear they may push her into Elijah's arms somehow, tumblr is giving me nightmares with all their theories.

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz
Well we don't even know if they intended to cast Claire since they took forever to throw her in, judging from interviews I think they wanted her to stay on TVD. She could have been casted to relive Cleo/Emma, but I think they just knew they needed a more popular female lead. Plus, only two originals rly?     Well Daniel half-joked that Joseph is cocky.     I think he’s very, very funny and he’s only gotten funnier, I don’t know how. It’s weird, the cockier he’s gotten and the more arrogant and everything it’s like he’s gotten funnier. Which is weird that I’m paying him a compliment here but as he’s become more obnoxious his sense of humor has sort of risen as well. – Daniel Gillies   When I first read that I thought he was talking about himself lolol, still that sounds more like a private co-star relationship, so I don't think JM acts like that in the public. Most fans call him the sweetest guy and the few who started calling him cocky are usually pissed about the spinoff and klaroline. Personslly I think he goes back and forth with confidence on the spinoff. He said apparently, he didn't expect the CC panel to have visitors      When it comes to "chemistry with everyone", I don't think of it in the hot or romantic sense, I just think he's had great scenes with almost every character. at one point I was crazy enough to like klamon for five minutes.      With PT it just proved that just because two people are super hot it doesn't mean they'll have chemistry on the dot. I personally thought they both overdid it but PTs seduction faces made me cringe more.
Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz

Indentation is illegal in this forum gosh tvf can suck it

Posted at
2296 posts
Charishma

@Patri: cocky isn't a bad thing. It just means he has confidence. He's nice to his fans, but he is very very confident. The man oozes charm lol

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz

I don't know, I think he's like Ian without the narcissism. Because both of them are really sweet and responsive to their fans, they usually praise their fans way more than the other cast members. I was watching his indie scenes with Glenna and Tri and we all agreed he must be super confident to film mature scenes like that, especially the Ben Hur sex holy shit. Most of his roles in every flick appeared to be the cocky asshole, judging by that youtube collab. Still when he was new in TVD, he was so adorably shy at conventions 

Posted at
2296 posts
Charishma

Yeah I really dislike Hayley and I do think PT can't act worth shit, but I do feel bad that she's taking flack for the writers mishandling.  JP is all "she's a confident independent" take no shit woman. Its like whhaattt?? This girl literally jumps from protector to protector. It would've been better if the deal making part of 4x16 went unsaid, and we were left to infer it. It would've make her seem less like a prostitute.  If the writers had the goal of portraying Katherine's style of nympho sneaky-ness with Hayley they pulled a major fail. Katherine does the using, she doesn't get used.  Having Hayley willingly enslave herself to others (when all she has to do otherwise is lie low) isn't a very female empowering thing.  

Quite honestly, Hayley's almost immediate trusting reaction to Klaus makes me doubt her sanity. How in the world does a girl have sex underneath a man's wall of death? Her characterization is consistent but its not at all likeable. Her very connection to Klaus is dependent on her being dependent on him. But we're supposed to believe she's bad ass? ookay

I'm just taking comfort from the fact that some Originals promo pics don't include her. They seem to be really pushing Marcel. Which is awesome. I want me another karaoke session.

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz

Yeah the promotions lately don't include her at all, the most she's brought up is in interviews. The recent marcel one makes it seem like the chess game will actually be the premise. And apparently some interviews have slipped "if there's a baby", so it'll probably last the whole season and never happen. 

Posted at
Patri
742 posts

I remember that interview with Daniel, he ended up saying that he and Joseph bonded over cocaine. LOL

I can almost never tell when the guy is serious and when he's trolling, and the stuff he's been saying recently about Plec's writing being Shakespearean and shit like that don't really help.

In other news, am I the only one who doesn't understand the Marcel mania? I liked him in the pilot and out of all the new characters he was the one who looked interesting, but I don't get why so many people on tumblr act like he's the best thing since sliced bread after just one episode. He's terribly overhyped imo.

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz
but I don't get why so many people on tumblr act like he's the best thing since sliced bread after just one episode. He's terribly overhyped imo.   They did that with Connor too, idgi. I unfollowed some marcel stans, he was likeable up until that I AM THE KING speech, I mean really, "show some respect"? Unless he's really confident with Davinas powers, that was really dumb to say in front of an immortal who can kill you. Camille also has about 12 people on tumblr who keep insisting she's going to be awesome. since she and Marcel were the least annoying ones in the first pilot, people just act like they're going to be the best characters. I am actually more interested in Hayley's background than Camilles and that's saying a lot. TVD killed the joy of watching oblivious innocent humans in a supernatural town, it was an eye roll with Matt and a snooze with April, so I'm not going to care. Also, the popwatch polls had a lot of traffic and Camilles chem with Nik was actually 10% more disliked than the spinoff. 
Posted at

Post a Reply

You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Sign In or Register.

Guest posting is disabled in this forum. If you want to post, please Sign In or Register.