Thursdays 8:00 PM on CW
The-vampire-diaries
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz
Hi Patri, lol. And redemption could have worked with Damon if they actually did it right.
Posted at

And redemption could have worked with Damon if they actually did it right.

Agreed. Don't take off the edge, but allow the walls to come down. Sadly they somehow managed to majorly fuck that up and S1 had such a great begining of redemption for him, and it made sense - why Elena also made sense - you could see the wounds Katherine inflicted upon him slowly fadinga wayand him trying to live in present day. Cue S2 and they fucked it up. 

I still can't comprehend that the people who wrote the trainwreck of S2-4 are the same people who brought us brilliant first season...ho wis that even possible. 

That's just it I think. I could excuse shoddy plot decisions as long as characters are written briliant and I can like that(hence why Lost Girl remains my guilty pleasure show), but TVD does not have likeable comprehensible characters nor plot....all it has...is eyecandy and just eyecandy is not enough for me, sadly. I have to LIKE the candies, not just the coating. 

Posted at
Patri
742 posts

I have to say, I have a love/hate relationship with TVD. I tried following tumblr but most TVD fans there are either 12 year old or completely delusional. Then I tried fanforum but there were a lot of delusional 12 year olds there, too. I think I'm going to stick here LOL. Seems like my kind of place.

Where did all this redemption talk come from? Did Plec open her mouth again?

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz
With fanforum I only stick to the S&S thread, because even with the mods constantly telling people to behave, it's pretty much decent and only 3 users give me a headache. The appreciation threads always have the fangirls. Tumblr has fans in their teens-20s but with the mentality of a 12 year old, but it depends who you follow sometimes. Lol I've seen almost every type since I work with mysticonfessions. The redemption talk came from Plec basically admitting that Klaus is long term because they might want to redeem him
Posted at
Cooling

yeah I like it here the most, it's impossible to discuss anything if there's massive amount of touchy shippers + mods. you should check out fanforum's tvd S&S thread though.

the redemption thing came from her latest tv-line interview.

lol what do you ship?

Posted at
Patri
742 posts

More or less, I ship Originals/screentime, Stefan/any storyline that keeps him away from Elena and Caroline/Klaus minus the birds lol.

I am 1000% over the triangle of doom. I am 1000% over half the characters in the show tbh. But I still don't know how to quit it.

I tried the S&S thread in fanforum but I found myself reading pages and pages of crazy nonsense by Damon stans who were trying to prove he's mother Therese. And there was one random Tyler stan that made my head hurt. Then I gave up lol. Mysticonfessions? Wow, I bet working there requires very strong nerves.

Half the things Plec says are so random, usually I don't pay much attention. This redemtpion quote probably means nothing.

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz
We have a mod here but she's no different. She started the pro Stefan riot on tumblr, lmao.
Posted at
Cooling

^yeah I'm following her, lol.

And there was one random Tyler stan that made my head hurt.

jeeh, I wonder who that might be. lmao. I'm using my ignore list for all kinds of stans there.

and about tumblr, I'm following some people who ship it more or less the way I do, but I avoid the KC tag in general.

Posted at
2425 posts
There are a lot of fans who want Damon to be his badass self again and stop acting like a love sick pussy. In that case he shouldn't be redeemed because his actions are a part of who he is. If the writers redeem him it would be saying he should be Stefan 2.0 which he isn't. Klaus shouldn't be redeemed either. They should both act badass and not apologize for it.
Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz

But with the S&S thread, it's kinda fun to watch those stans talk out their ass, and most of the Damon ones give up and leave, like even announce it sometimes. I like that thread because most of the users don't care for the triangle or Elena lol. Yeah mysticonfessions is tough, but fun. I run it with 3 people and we usually just laugh/cringe at the inbox, 200 a week.

More or less, I ship Originals/screentime, Stefan/any storyline that keeps him away from Elena and Caroline/Klaus minus the birds lol. I am 1000% over the triangle of doom. I am 1000% over half the characters in the show tbh. But I still don't know how to quit it.   LOL welcome to the forum, you sound exactly like us. And yeah the KC tag is c lxscahlsyk.

And there was one random Tyler stan that made my head hurt.

I don't know who you're talking about, cincookie is tolerable but it makes my day to troll Freckles.          
Posted at

Post a Reply

You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Sign In or Register.

Guest posting is disabled in this forum. If you want to post, please Sign In or Register.