Thursdays 8:00 PM on CW
Prime_large
The-vampire-diaries

Caroline is Elena 2.0 now.

That would imply not having any backtstory ever and not reacting to shit. Considering caroline has three seasons of char development and can use it to react to shit, she will not ever be "Elena". 

She destroyed those tomb vampires

Oh you mean, tomb vampire ghosts. Considering most of ghosts have been shit-tier in this show, what makes you think they had their full power?

and kicked Damon's ass.

Damon is a cocky bitch who underestimates them.

Caroline was running on 100% Anger. Justified.

She has perfect control of her bloodlust.

Fits her character of being a control freak. She is the type of person who combats her complexes every second. She spent whole S1 PERFECTING that, becoming someone IN CONTROL of her life. All of that is amplified now, making her far more stable than ever.. 

She never vamps out.

Considering she is the most human in personality, not a surprise.

She's always propping other characters and telling them what to do because she knows it all. that's the basis of her character since day one, dearie. That's why people like her.

She gets tortured every other episode and get over it 5 seconds later. While I am not okay with torture repetition, that's not a problem of her character.

And her getting over it shows her strength and composure, which was built up

Let me make THIS clear: there's nothing wrong with the whole "caring, modest, friendly, human" character baseline Elena has. The problem is HOW Elena was built up(as in, she was not). It does not mean that every caring, friendly and composed character is mary sue or somehow boring. Every standard story needs them, because people like that are people audience roots for. 

Even book Elena, despite all of her bitch-queen traits, was also caring, friendly and very human inside, with a lot of selfless decisions.

Posted at
2425 posts

Matt is terrible, the male version of Elena. Trust a Bonnie fan to pair caroline with the most vanilla character on th show lol. I want Caroline with an interesting and badass love interest or nothing at all. 

Posted at
TeamWitch25
75 posts
Teamwitch25

I didnt see the negative in Caroline and Matt relatonship until Plec decided she wanted to ruin them to do forwood. I am a fan of Caroline and just like Bonnie i try to support her storylines. Her getting back together with Matt is no way a downgrade from Tyler and possible hook with with Klaus lol <cmon now> We like most things would just have to agree to disagree on that one. Tyler did some pretty scandulous things himself. Atleast i understood Matt's motive his sister was ultimately killed at the hands of vampires. Caroline, even though she was trying to protect him wasnt always honest with him either.

Posted at
2425 posts

It's not about whether Matt is a good person or not. He's boring as fuck. Tyler is boring as fuck. They make Caroline boring. Let Caroline be single and badass instead of being her bf's babysitter. 

Posted at
Cooling

LMFAO. If Car hooked back up with Matt then that would be an obvious downgrade from her current FAIL boyfriend as it is. Part of the reason that i never shipped them was because it was becoming clear that Plec was turning Car into the next ELena just as Damon into the next Stefan by having them go after the other's respective exes. Think about it. Car wanted Damon only because she couln't have Stefan....who Elena had. Then she fell for Matt...who still loved Elena. Its like she was doomed to walk in the footsteps of Elena's lovelife forever until she hooked up with Ty. At first i was all for Forwood because it represented something fresh and new to the plot but it failed miserably in our expectations. The relationship isn't the badass upgrade from DES bullshit that we wanted. Just as Elena is defined by the man she's with so it is with Car....AND IT SHOULD NOT BE THAT WAY. The way i judge a good female role in a relationship is to take away the man from the equation and to see if the female character can still stand alone and be awesome. Sadly thats not the case with Caroline anymore. She's become Ty's maid/lil sister/support group....And what has Tyler become in respect to her. It is WAYYY too one sided. She doesn't lean on him half as much as he leans on her and that my friends is were Plec has fucked up Car's character. She has become a tablestand for whatever lamp of a boyfriend she currently has. She only holds them up. Her personality is completely being muted and the very little of it that we do see.....IS HER STICKING HER NOSE INTO ELENA'S BUSINESS.....See the pattern?

I love you.

Posted at
2425 posts

That's why Caroline should go to the spinoff. It would give her a voice and let her develop more. Someone said KC can only work if the focus was on them and there was time to develop their relationship onscreen. Obviously several two minute scenes won't allow that to happen. If they were the main characters, I believe the writers can make their relationship believable. 

Posted at
TeamWitch25
75 posts
Teamwitch25

Trust a Bonnie fan to pair caroline with the most vanilla character on th show lo..........................................Dont know if that was directed at me or not. I said i am also a Caroline fan and interesting dont equal vampires who kill or try to kill other people on the show. Interesting can be the good guy and i dont find Matt boring either sooo. I get and understand wanting what you want though we just want something different for Caroline thats all.

Posted at
2425 posts

Lololol how is Matt not boring? He makes Elena seem like the life of a party. Replace him with a cardboard and no one would know the difference. Plec didn't ruin maroline; they killed themselves. 

Posted at

I like Caroline and i want better for her. Her best match on the show will always be Matt and i am not a fan of shipping but i loved those 2 together. If i had to choose between Klaus and Tyler ofcoarse my pick will be Tyler. Forwood was destroyed for me because thier hook up was too quick and left nothing to the imagination.

I dunno why this is type of thought exist, Matt was a TOTAL UTTERLY DICK TO  CARO PERIOD   PINING FOR  ELENA and flaunting it one her face and making her feel like shit all the time is actually a good relationship?   wow just wow
Posted at
TeamWitch25
75 posts
Teamwitch25

Lololol how is Matt not boring? Lololol Like this.... Matt is not boring! Julie writing is.....................................

I dunno why this is type of thought existOh gee i dont know maybe because its my opinion and you dont agree with it? Thats cool you are alloud! What channel did that come on because i never seen Matt be a dick to Caroline.

Posted at

Post a Reply

You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Sign In or Register.

Guest posting is disabled in this forum. If you want to post, please Sign In or Register.

Vampire Diaries Quotes

You want a love that consumes you. You want passion and adventure, and even a little danger... I want you to get everything you're looking for. But for right now, I want you to forget that this happened. Can't have people knowing I'm in town yet. Goodnight, Elena.

Damon

Damon: You know what they are? Children. Like lighting a candle's going to make everything OK, or even saying a prayer. Or pretending Elena's not going to end up just like the rest of us murdering vampires. Stupid, delusional, exasperating little children. And I know what you're going to say: 'It makes them feel better, Damon.' So what? For how long? A minute, a day? What difference does it make? Because in the end, when you lose somebody, every candle, every prayer is not going to make up for the fact that the only thing you have left is hole in your life where that somebody that you cared about used to be. And a rock with a birthday carved into it that I'm pretty sure is wrong. So thanks, friend. Thanks for leaving me here to babysit. Because I should be long gone by now. I didn't get the girl, remember? I'm just stuck here fighting my brother and taking care of the kids. You owe me big.
Alaric: I miss you too, buddy.

x Close Ad