Klaroline or Forwood?
The racism and sexism, it is a problem. But to say that it's specifically CW and JP's fault is a bit far. It goes much much further than that.
But yeah, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.
Has anyone heard any spoilers about 5x19? I heard something but I don't know if its a spoiler or just speculation. *Spoiler Alert* Apparantly something bad happens to force Klaus to leave MF (setting up 5x20). The general idea is that
(a) he somehow hurts Caroline and leaves because he's gone all self-destrutive and crazy as a result.
Or (b) someone else hurts Caroline and Klaus spills a hell of a lot of blood (maybe someone MF cares about? idk). Anyway, he's horrified (dissapointed?) in himself so he flees to New Orleans.
I'm not sure. What are you thoughts?Posted 2/10/2013 6:19:39 AM #
your*Posted 2/10/2013 6:20:03 AM #
Do you have a source for that? Like an article or something?
Plec herself has said that Klaus will go to NO because he learns that some people there are plotting against him. Also, he is expected to return to MF for the remaining episodes of the season. If something horrible was supposed to happen, I doubt he'd be back.Posted 2/10/2013 6:45:59 AM #
Yes, and that trojan war has been because of Elena - for three 3 seasons now EVERYTHING has been about her, and I am not ok with that.
- Frankly, I am okay with that.The Main Character IS what the plot revolves around(unless protagonist is not main character).The thing is that the approach the show has chosen ONLY works if the character around whom it all revolves actually reacts to shit that is happening and grows as person, with viewers SEEING character development and being able to RELATE to the said lead character. TVD somehow forgot to do that part.
that is one crucial element the book did not have and made the book characters treat each other's lives with a little more respect.
- Well, honestly there WAS one reset in the books(the damage demons did to the town being undone), but to HAVE it Elena had pretty much to almost blow up the book-verse's equivalent of gods.
- I said it before and I'll say it again - one of MAJOR factors in genre shows and overall more action-oriented shows with characters in danger is the REALISM and tangibility of death - for viewer to be invested in situations character are palced in, viewer has to be able to realize and grasp the possibility of character being hurt or dying. For that to happen, death has to be credible and possible thing. TVD somehow forgot that completely.
No, I said her breaking up with him was the last normal human reaction thing decision she ever made....her getting back together with him never bothered me because we al knew why she did...I just liked that back then in s1 and even in s2 when they broke up again, Elena thought like a human being would not like someone who is ok with everything that has been going around in her life after dating a vampire in less than one year.
- I would disagree on it being THE LAST human behavior - she did quite a few quite human things in S1 and people like Germy did not hesitate to call her out on that(germy being pissed about being compelled for example), its just that the behavior of characters, even through S1 was slowly getting less and less believable.
- I remember how at the end of S1 I as well as other people were speculating on what will happen - what will be the reprecusions for John being stabbed by elena-look-alike in elena's house - will elena be framed? how Jenna will react? What will Katherine do and how will they kill her eventually?
- Sadly what a fools we were, for we did not know that the show by that point was already abandoning any sense of real-world logic or realism.
But I don't need locker scenes...high school is one of those things that is a big part of any teen's life and on a show about how a human's life is supposed to be affected by all this supernatural stuffm does not it seem strange that now that they are all in a race for that cure...why exactly are they so eager to get it, especially Elena? To get back her human life? To get back to what? What was the last human activity was she ever involved in? So she becomes human again and then what, she has never thought about her future and she is supposed to be in her last last year of high school, which you know is the place where they prepare you for college and university. I just think that showing elena interacting with other teens at high school would have made her seem more like she actually wants to be human again, not because she just can not handle being a vampire.
- THIS SO MUCH.
- Back then when elena was all "i wanna be human" in S2 end, I could not help but be confused - where was the buildup? WHY? Few eps back she was ready to throw herself to the wolves because of how HOLY SAINT FLAWLESS AND FUCKING CARING the bitch is and 99% of her friends or relatives are supernatural. So where's buildup for that? where's Elena' ENJOYING human life. HAVING human life. HAVING human hobbies. where's build up on her personality and her life - the things that make us RELATE and LIKE the character? where's all of that?
- Part of why Elena is boring and dull is that she never does anything - she sits either in her house or in boarding house and has romance talk with either of the brothers, while show portrays her as the BEST THING EVER. THAT'S IT. THATS HER LIFE IN A NUTTSHELL according to the show narrative.
- The show made sure that ELena was a teenager. So where's sensible build up and growth of her character?
- Through this, Elena comes of as nothing more but a stage-prop for the brother wangst.
- Hell even Book Elena got an entire fucking book of her doing shit as human before being turned.
- With the way Elena has been written through the seasons its pretty much impossible to care about her, relate to her or LIKE her.
- There's nothing likeable about Elena Gilbert.
- There's nothing interesting about Elena Gilbert.
- There's nothing LIVELY about Elena Gilbert.
- There's nothing relatable about Elena Gilbert.
- There's nothing reasonable about Elena Gilbert.
- There's nothing LOGICAL about Elena Gilbert.
- There's nothing HUMAN about Elena Gilbert.
- There's no personality, character growth or believability in character of Elena Gilbert.
She is not believable as teenager, let alone lead heroine. She has no realistic flaws in her personality, she does not exhibit human behavior and there's nothing unique about her personality. She is dull, incredibly boring to watch and impossible to relate to.
to cut short, Elena is amongst the WORST written protagonists in the history of genre fiction, seriously rivalling the likes of Bella Swan in terms of blandness, marysue-ness or character believability.
THAT'S the major problem with the show.
YOu could have all the other characters as shit if the lead was at least somewhat interesting, considering entire narrative focuses on shit happening around the lead and not others.
Elena is the weakest link. She has been for quite some time. She is a wasted potential and one of the MAIN things that make this show unwatchable.Posted 2/10/2013 11:23:36 AM #
Frankly, I am okay with that.The Main Character IS what the plot revolves around(unless protagonist is not main character).The thing is that the approach the show has chosen ONLY works if the character around whom it all revolves actually reacts to shit that is happening and grows as person, with viewers SEEING character development and being able to RELATE to the said lead character. TVD somehow forgot to do that part.
Ok, maybe I failed to get almost the exact thing across in what I meant, but the whole point is that for three seasons we got to see the Save Elena campaign and that is the part that I was and am not ok with still, because to me its like the show is saying Oh look at how everything that has happened has affected only Elena and no one gives a damn about this town, whereas I am sure you remember book Elena was a fierce protector of her town, and every other character felt responsibility for what has been happening and their main goal was to get the town back to normal, it wasn't about oh first Elena was just the dopplegagner problem, then blood bag problem and now they are trying her back to being the blood bag...its not about everyone's life being affected and destroyed over what has been happening over the past 3 years, its only about how to fix Elena's life.
I remember how at the end of S1 I as well as other people were speculating on what will happen - what will be the reprecusions for John being stabbed by elena-look-alike in elena's house - will elena be framed? how Jenna will react? What will Katherine do and how will they kill her eventually?
I think one of the show's mistake was that they did not make Liz Forbes and Carol Lockwood as those families were in the books - something that represented a threat to the Salvatores and having control of what was happening in town - that is why none of the murders that happened had any effect and allowed for deaths to continue happening...even this season they quickly killed the idea of the council getting any control back by blowing them up just to give Shane a storyline.Posted 2/10/2013 11:51:30 AM #
btw the Klaroline fanfic i posed here before? There are two other parts up.
Here's the link: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/4533096/Gr4pefruitsPosted 2/10/2013 2:21:21 PM #
LOL speaking of fics I like Prowl, too damn funny and the Henrik bits were cutePosted 2/10/2013 3:30:41 PM #
I still need to check out the ones you guys recommended. I like one shots or finished ones, because then I don't have to wait for updates lolPosted 2/10/2013 3:54:19 PM #
I'm the same way, there's a few I won't read until they're finished. You can try all the finished ones from liarfaker and CicaadaPosted 2/10/2013 4:08:58 PM #
Will do. I hate waiting. I'm not a very patient person when it comes to this stuff. usually I watch shows after the season is over. Otherwise I drive myself crazy with spoilers and all that. I'd much rather marathon it.Posted 2/10/2013 5:19:18 PM #