Thursdays 8:00 PM on CW
Prime_large
The-vampire-diaries
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz
What if the Klaus 'sex scene' isnt Klaus at all. Everyone is forgetting Silas who is apparently a shapeshifter or at least a master illusionist is around. What if he shifts into klaus and sexes someone?

LOL bitches are cray

Posted at

puhleease dont expect something that creative will come out of plec's fat ass

Posted at

puhleease dont expect something that creative will come out of plec's fat assWhy not? Its bassically a rip off of First Evil anyway.

Posted at
1565 posts
Amie

Actually there's nothing wrong with this. That's called gray morality and its the basis of our life. 

However there are SEVERAl factors that the show needs to get right before it can even try to pull that shit off:

There HAS to be a sense of in-universe understanding whether character's actions are right or wrong. Redemption has a lot to do with how other characters perceive the said cahracter.

There HAS to be a line the said character to be redeemed does not want to cross.

There HAS to be a progression in redemption instead of the character being stuck as a revolving door - doing fucked up shit one moment and then repenting the next.  That's not "redemptive badboy" thats psychopathy.

The character to be redeemed should have SOMETHING about him beyond his "wah wah I am bad mode". 

Its actually very good idea to have your "positive" characters make bad or "evil" decisions and your "negative" villains to make good decisions. It blurs the lines, makes plot more unpredictable, but yet again that relies ENTIRELY on the moral sense of the show - the actions taken have to be perceived as such in order for any sort of moral alignment to matter in anyway. 

TVD fails in all of that. 

I did not say there was something wrong with this idea, I just meant that I don't like that almost all modern tv shows apply sort-off the same formula with it.....plus I still believe that not every character can be or should be redeemed. 

Posted at

plus I still believe that not every character can be or should be redeemed. And I agree with this. 

There's nothing wrong with showing HOW the character got to where he/she is, but this show is incapable of doing it without woobiefying them. 

Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz

Just discovered a new parallel:

In 1x02, Stefan and Elena are scolded for not paying attention in class cause they are too busy flirting. Their high school class.

In 4x04, Damon and Elena are scolded are scolded for not paying attention in class cause they are too busy flirting. Her first college class.

Delena is about growing up and discovering yourself and finding someone who fits with what you have become. Just like college.

That’s how you OTP bitches.

LOL OKAY.

Posted at
Cooling
what is logic
Posted at
10980 posts
Floralovesgurlplz

There were two fans on my dash complaining that Ian isn't filming in New Orleans, "do they want the new show to fail?" Holy shit they're funny 

Posted at
2548 posts
Redoktober

@ Flora

That bitch's weed must have been laced with coke, meth, ex and ALL THAT for her to actually jump from one scene to an admittedly related one and then form a conclusion thats so out of this world that it makes Game of Thrones look like Glee. Thats what i CANNOT and will NEVER understand about DE fans. They will use the fact that the sky is blue to justify the EPICNESS of DE. Like what the fuck does DE have to do with ONE college scene. These people.....

Posted at
Cooling
@Flora lol. I think Ian was just being dramatic when he said he's the only actor not going there to shoot?
Posted at

Post a Reply

You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Sign In or Register.

Guest posting is disabled in this forum. If you want to post, please Sign In or Register.

Vampire Diaries Quotes

You want a love that consumes you. You want passion and adventure, and even a little danger... I want you to get everything you're looking for. But for right now, I want you to forget that this happened. Can't have people knowing I'm in town yet. Goodnight, Elena.

Damon

Damon: You know what they are? Children. Like lighting a candle's going to make everything OK, or even saying a prayer. Or pretending Elena's not going to end up just like the rest of us murdering vampires. Stupid, delusional, exasperating little children. And I know what you're going to say: 'It makes them feel better, Damon.' So what? For how long? A minute, a day? What difference does it make? Because in the end, when you lose somebody, every candle, every prayer is not going to make up for the fact that the only thing you have left is hole in your life where that somebody that you cared about used to be. And a rock with a birthday carved into it that I'm pretty sure is wrong. So thanks, friend. Thanks for leaving me here to babysit. Because I should be long gone by now. I didn't get the girl, remember? I'm just stuck here fighting my brother and taking care of the kids. You owe me big.
Alaric: I miss you too, buddy.

x Close Ad