Thursdays 8:00 PM on CW
The-vampire-diaries
2296 posts
Charishma

Is it just me, or do people seem to lose credibility the moment they start to defend Damon?? And why are DE fans hellbent on finding parallels between Klaus and Damon??

This Damon hate is strange. Believe it or not he seemed more 'likeable' in season 1 when he was crazy. He's calmed down now. But I just find him more annoying than ever.

Posted at
3442 posts
Dancing-eyes

They do,because they tend to whitewash all of the shit he's ever done plus hate on other characters who hate him,with good reason,might i add. 

Believe it or not he seemed more 'likeable' in season 1 when he was crazy. He's calmed down now. But I just find him more annoying than ever.

Are you kidding me,he was freaking awesome in s1,i rly rly loved him despite the shit he'd done and then he became this pussy whipped pansy hypnotised by the magic of lil miss mary sue's vagina and i was done.

Posted at
2296 posts
Charishma

lol Gayatri. you're too funny.

really though, its not even the being pussy whipped that bothers me. because Stefan is and he doesn't bother me. Its the fact that Damon literally values no other person in his life except Elena, and constantly jumps on plans to kill her friends (or abuse them). He seems to relish telling her that he likes possessing her (as opposed to loving her) and that none of her friends matter to him. its just not cool.

Posted at
3442 posts
Dancing-eyes

because Stefan is and he doesn't bother me.He is but it still doesn't make him blind.

Its the fact that Damon literally values no other person in his life except Elena, and constantly jumps on plans to kill her friends (or abuse them). He seems to relish telling her that he likes possessing her (as opposed to loving her) and that none of her friends matter to him. its just not cool.

and you just listed all of the problems i ever had with this character.Add to that Ian literally has stopped trying,all he does in the name of acting is gouge his eyes out.It just hurts my eyes to see him like that.and his cray fans they are 60% the reason i hate Damon,these delusional fuckers will stop at nothing to whitewash his doings,he just needs some love,no bitch he needs a mental hospital (or a stake thru the heart,your choice).ugh

Posted at
2296 posts
Charishma

see, that's the thing though. I feel like in trying to 'redeem' Damon they've made him worse. They have him do these hero-like stunts every once in a while, but then don't have him progress relationshipwise at all.

I'm so so happy they're not going that route with Klaus.

Posted at
2296 posts
Charishma

on second thought maybe the goal wasn't to redeem Damon at all, but just to show fail

Posted at
3442 posts
Dancing-eyes
by his i meant Damon not Ian.
Posted at

Its the fact that Damon literally values no other person in his life except Elena, I am okay with this. parts of why Damon is overall awesome is that he does not give two shits about anyone not named Bonnie or Elena. 

The problem is that this damon DOES NOT value Elena, as everything in S2 trainwreck has shown. He just does not. 

If he did, his progression of character from S1 would have continued - instead writers chose to make him regress two steps back every time he ever did something in-character. (and whoever thought up that Andie plotline would be a good idea, should just go jump off the cliff, because that was the last straw that ruined this pairing for me)

Damon went from a complex morally gray character that he was in S1, to a revolving door who either angsts or kills, making him seem like someone with mpd. 

Not to mention that the show was so intent on focusing on "epic" SE that any build of DE was ruined(Elena being "characterized" as a holy messiah who does no wrong and is so caring and good and sweet was part of it) and then when needed, DE would jump out again out of nowhere, with no build up that would lead to it. 

Posted at
2296 posts
Charishma

The problem is that this damon DOES NOT value Elena

Okay, yeah I agree with this. He just wants to possess her. Its been a theme this season as well.
Posted at

UHHH, just rewatched Heart of Darkness in preparation for this sunday's episode and damn, I almost forgot already on just how badass Red is:

Certainly hope that she will get ot fuck shit up amongst all the mess that is currently going on. 

Posted at

Post a Reply

You are posting as a guest. To post as a user, please Sign In or Register.

Guest posting is disabled in this forum. If you want to post, please Sign In or Register.